Independent Renault Forums banner

Check emissions error

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Haree 
#1 ·
I bought a five year old Renault Megane Scenic Authentique seven seater in March. It has been back for repair four times after the error messge check emmissions came up on the dashboard and I lost power. It had two of the wrong sark plugs had tw coils changed and now they are saying the fault is with the injection. They have had the car more than I have I have said I want my money back am I worng?:crazy:

#2 ·
Hello,

sorry to hear the problems you are having with your scenic. You do not mention what engine yours has fitted but I am assuming its a 1.6 16v VVT. If the emissions light is coming on does it come on all the time or intermitantly and how is the car running. You mention the coils and plugs have been replaced so its not that. It could be a whole list of things. Has the car been to a Renault dealer and had a clip diagnostics done to try and find out what the fault is.

Harry.

#3 ·
Yes its 1.6 VVT and it has been to a Renault Dealer three times. When the fault happens it stays like that till they fix it then its ok for a few weeks and back to check emissions. Its not a light but an error message that comes up on the dash but all power is lost. first time it happend nearly had a car up my backside as was ona dual carriageway. Have been told it is the EGR valve but don't Renault know that?:loser:

#4 ·
Hello,

what parts have been replaced so far. As I said it could be a whole number of things that could be the cause of your problems. Clearing the fault code may solve the problem for a temporary period of time but I am guessing that when the emissions error light is coming on its putting the engine into a limp home mode and reducing its power out put. I am not sure if your car has an EGR valve I am sure there will be someone more knowledgable then me who can help you out.

Harry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.