Megane 1.5 DCi 106 - Poor fuel consumption. - Page 3 - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Ľ Problem Solving Ľ Ask the Experts Ľ Engines

Notices

Engines Engines and other oily matters

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Megane 1.5 DCi 106 - Poor fuel consumption.

Engines

Old 5th May 2011   #11
rbwinstanley
rbwinstanley is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane 1.5 DCi 106 - Poor fuel consumption.

Thanks Mowgi.

I just did a round trip to North Wales and used the Cruise Control to drive around 70mpg on the motorway and 50mph on the A roads. I had really good journeys - missing most of the traffic and still only averaged 48mpg. I did very little driving that was not either Motorway or A roads so feel that I should have been getting figures more in line with, if not better than yours.

I'm now getting my car booked back in but under the scrutiny of Renault UK. Hopefully they will take my situation a little more seriously this time!?

Watch this space...
Currently in rbwinstanley's garage:
2009 Renault Megane III Dynamique Hatch 1.5dci 106
rbwinstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th May 2011   #12
AO55RKE
AO55RKE is
has no status.

I got a megane oasis hatch II 86dci and having 4 adults and a full boot up to scotland (yes i mean right in the highlands ) for a week and back to sunny suffolk was brilliant , 55mpg average!!! the motor does bout 50mpg round town, 41mpg does sound low.... but as above if it is like you say "done only 1000 miles from new" give it time
Currently in AO55RKE's garage:
2005 Renault Megane Oasis Hatch 1.5dci 55 Plate & 2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Extreme 05 Plate
AO55RKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011   #13
rbwinstanley
rbwinstanley is
has no status.

Unhappy Re: Megane 1.5 DCi 106 - Poor fuel consumption.

Hi All,

Just to clarify, my Megane has done around 12,600 miles, not 1,000 miles so I think it is "run in" by now.

Anyway, here is my update. The car has been back with Renault Stockport (Lookers) today. They have confirmed that there is "no fault" with the car, although they do agree that achieving fuel economy in the low 40's does not seem correct against a combined claim of 62mpg in the brochure. On a 14 mile test drive Renault claimed to achieve 44mpg (although the trip said 40.6mpg when they handed it back). This mpg apparently tallies with the other three Megane 1.5Dci 106ís that they had on site.

Both Lookers and Renault UK have advised that there is no apparent fault with the car. Lookers said that there was no Actis solution for fuel consumption when they entered my VIN number. I tried to steer them in the direction of the Actis solution advised by Rentech but they said it was not for my car and that there was little or no adjustment that could be made to my engine to improve matters.

Renault UK could offer little extra help, other than re-iterating the blurb about driving conditions, journey type, driving style, tyre pressure, air con etc. I've been over these factors about 50 times it seems. They said I could either:
1. Continue to monitor my fuel consumptions. (I've been doing this for the 10 months since I bought the car).
2. Return it to Lookers for further investigation. (Lookers have advised that they have exhausted every avenue available to them and that they can only escalate if they identify a fault that they can not fix. They have not found a fault with the car, so I can't see that this would yield any benefit).
3. Book it in with a different dealership for a second opinion. (This looks like my only option, but would mean me losing more time at work as other dealerships are much further away and most don't open until 8am. I generally start work between 7:30 and 7:45 and leave after 6pm. Don't tell the boss that I'm posting this from my desk!).

I explained to them that people on this forum were achieving 55-59mpg with the same car and asked how there could be such a massive difference in performance. They could not offer any explanation.

The last 5 cars Iíve owned have all been Renault and I love this car (other than the cost of running it). Had I known that I would only get 41mpg from her, I would not have spent the extra to replace my newer petrol Megane Dynamique which I recall was getting around 36-37mpg.

I don't know what other owners think or what options are left open to me other than trying to drag Renaultís name through the mud to get something done (something Iíd rather not do).
Currently in rbwinstanley's garage:
2009 Renault Megane III Dynamique Hatch 1.5dci 106
rbwinstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011   #14
Rentech
Rentech is
has no status.
Diamond member

Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2

My car is booked in on Tuesday to have the injectors turned, I am currently getting 45mpg driving round sunny Wales, and on a run at a steady 70 mph can get no more, so I am still not happy. What bugs me is I could have bought a V70 volvo and still get the same MPG as i work on a lot of theese, or a Audi A4 tdi 2.0ltr and get 10 mpg more. I will keep you informed. The problem is that most main dealers can't be bothered to get into the nitty gritty stuff. As i have my own clip I have noted that the alternator runs at 45% load all the time and in a morning the windscreen has started to demist itself above the heater vents so i am sure the 1000 watt heater is not switching off all the time. The problem is, is that the new bonier three software clip uses for these models gives you far less information on the running parameters as the bonnier 2 it replaced making it harder for technicians with a bit of know to see what's is going on.
Currently in Rentech's garage:
Traffic 11/ Scenic Dynamic 106 60plate
Rentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011   #15
madnoel10
madnoel10 is
has no status.
Technical Supremo

Nominated 57 Times in 56 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 21
Thanked 4,010 Times in 3,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentech View Post
My car is booked in on Tuesday to have the injectors turned, I am currently getting 45mpg driving round sunny Wales, and on a run at a steady 70 mph can get no more, so I am still not happy. What bugs me is I could have bought a V70 volvo and still get the same MPG as i work on a lot of theese, or a Audi A4 tdi 2.0ltr and get 10 mpg more. I will keep you informed. The problem is that most main dealers can't be bothered to get into the nitty gritty stuff. As i have my own clip I have noted that the alternator runs at 45% load all the time and in a morning the windscreen has started to demist itself above the heater vents so i am sure the 1000 watt heater is not switching off all the time. The problem is, is that the new bonier three software clip uses for these models gives you far less information on the running parameters as the bonnier 2 it replaced making it harder for technicians with a bit of know to see what's is going on.
Is this high wattage heater similar to Renaults thermo-plunger coolant heater system?
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
madnoel10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
106, consumption, dci, fuel, megane, poor