First of all a very BIG thank you to peo1987 for this post!
It gave me the solution to my broken drivers window! My window had been working fine and then it went up one day and would not work again!! So after searching the forum I found the above post!
So yesterday I took my door apart
! I removed the door trim panel, in order to find the window mechanism. The inside of the door was very damp and the box itself was very wet.
The yellow arrow is the back of the speaker and the red arrow is the actually control box!
So I pulled out the wiring plug at the bottom of the box (yellow arrow) but then had to unbolt the motor from the door in order to undo the screw at the red arrow and the one on the opposite side of the box!
In order to fully remove the box, the wires at the top have to be removed. So pull up the black cover, but be careful of the small square seal surrounding this bit and unclip the wires.
Once I had the box out I uncliped the cover (red arrows). There are 5 in all, 2 on each side and 1 on the edge. They are really hard to unclip... some swearing may be necessary..
. Please make sure the seal is kept safe! (yellow arrow)
Once I removed the circuit board it was obvious to see where the water had corroded it! (yellow arrows)
But I then sprayed just the corroded area with WD40 and left it upright to drain off the excess. I then put the box back together covering the seals with silcone. And refitted it to the car!!
Window now works fine
. I am so pleased, once again this forum has saved me a lot of money!
If anyone has any questions etc bout this... just ask