water in footwells need opinons please!!!! - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Interiors

Notices

Interiors Discuss leaks, seats, carpets etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

water in footwells need opinons please!!!!

Interiors

Old 22nd June 2011   #1
xjodiex
xjodiex is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
water in footwells need opinons please!!!!

i thought my water problem in the footwell of passenger back seat area had been solved thinking it was due to the flap being missing on the wheel arch its back !!!! i need information (i am a girl ) so it needs to be step by step on how to check the tubes where rain water comes from??? i think this may be my problem ......ive already paid for the coroded wires being replaced but the guy didnt really help with locating how the water was getting there so i need this sorted asap also does anyone know if the megane cc have the same drainage tubes as u would on a car with a sunroof with the whole top being glass?? and also info on how to remove the carpets from the back seat area i can only get it so far from front seat the carpet seems to go under the back seats and with it being a convertable i cant see how i can remove the back seat to get the carpet out and dry underneath any help would be greatly thanked
Currently in xjodiex's garage:
megane convertable 55 plate
xjodiex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5 Lastest Threads by xjodiex
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
water in footwells need opinons please!!!! Interiors Tolak 5 1827 22nd June 2011 06:21 PM
opinions needed !!!!!!! Electronics xjodiex 3 574 31st March 2011 10:25 AM
Megane CC 55 plate - Roof not working Electronics xjodiex 1 1481 4th October 2010 07:19 PM
help !!!!! Engines xjodiex 12 2049 7th June 2010 08:17 PM
faulty window ? Electronics Jules 3 872 22nd December 2009 01:20 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd June 2011   #2
costeau
costeau is
has no status, respec!
Diamond dismember

Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Re: water in footwells need opinons please!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjodiex View Post

i thought my water problem in the footwell of passenger back seat area had been solved thinking it was due to the flap being missing on the wheel arch its back !!!! i need information (i am a girl ) so it needs to be step by step on how to check the tubes where rain water comes from???

i think this may be my problem ......ive already paid for the coroded wires being replaced but the guy didnt really help with locating how the water was getting there so i need this sorted asap also does anyone know if the megane cc have the same drainage tubes as u would on a car with a sunroof with the whole top being glass??

and also info on how to remove the carpets from the back seat area i can only get it so far from front seat the carpet seems to go under the back seats and with it being a convertable i cant see how i can remove the back seat to get the carpet out and dry underneath any help would be greatly thanked
First, I perceive the back seat footwells as an odd area to get water ingress. The front seat footwells, that's a known issue on a number of models.

That said, if it's anything like other Meganes or the Laguna, you should be able to grasp the seat cushion at its rear edge, and flip it up.
It's crammed in under the seat back, but should tilt forward with ease once it comes loose.

Also, not sure if there's a drain system going to the rear wheel arches, but there's one for the front, where the holes are in the scuttle panels below the windscreen wipers.
Poking them with a curtain wire (remove the end hook first) has been mentioned in numerous threads on these forums before.
Perhaps there are some similar drain holes below the rear window as well?
Currently in costeau's garage:
2008 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (Used to have a 2004 Laguna 1.8)
costeau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd June 2011   #3
xjodiex
xjodiex is
has no status.
Threadstarter

thank you for your reply having checked this morning pulling back the carpet from the front passenger side under the sponge it is very wet there aswell i think the waters running to the back as am alaways parked slighty uphill ive tried lifting the seat as u say but with the cc model u cant move the seats (from what i can see) and the carpet is fixed right under the back seat with bolts anyone have any idea how to get these lifted on the cc model so i can try and get some water out the sponge and carpet is soaked through am going to try and have a go with these tubes under the windscreen see if there blocked do i remove the plastic with the vents in right under the windscreen and will i see these tubes quite easy? any help will be great ....i really dont want to go to renault and get my eyes ripped out again 4 labour
Currently in xjodiex's garage:
megane convertable 55 plate
xjodiex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd June 2011   #4
robsmith2011
robsmith2011 is
has no status.

Morning All

I also hav a water ingress problem, rained heavily on Monday, pushed my stop button, took out key card and my wipers were still going and the engine kept trying to start itself....

The only way i got it to stop was to disconnect the battery, the drivers footwell is soaked, i need help !!!

Car will now not start (after reconnecting the battery, and still has life of its own until battery dicsonnected)

I have cleaned out the drain beneath passenger side, but have been unable to clear out drivers side.

Anyone help me please
robsmith2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10th November 2011   #5
Tolak
Tolak is
has just bought snow tyres on 16" rims
Diamond member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjodiex View Post
i thought my water problem in the footwell of passenger back seat area had been solved thinking it was due to the flap being missing on the wheel arch its back !!!! i need information (i am a girl ) so it needs to be step by step on how to check the tubes where rain water comes from??? i think this may be my problem ......ive already paid for the coroded wires being replaced but the guy didnt really help with locating how the water was getting there so i need this sorted asap also does anyone know if the megane cc have the same drainage tubes as u would on a car with a sunroof with the whole top being glass?? and also info on how to remove the carpets from the back seat area i can only get it so far from front seat the carpet seems to go under the back seats and with it being a convertable i cant see how i can remove the back seat to get the carpet out and dry underneath any help would be greatly thanked
The tubes mentioned in many threads are for teh area around the sunshine roof; tubes run down the A and C pillars into the wheel arches, to allow to escape any water that makes its way past the edge of the roof. These tubes often get blocked, hence the threads how to unblock.
For teh CC, with a single piece glass roof, there will not be any such drains.

The scuttle drains (under the plastic cover, below the wiper blades) allow water running off the windscren to run into the front wheel arches. Renault fit a rubber flap in teh hole, and these tend to get gunged up, and so stop the water escaping. Clear teh flaps, clear teh water, clean the edges so the flap does not stick, and the possibility that a lake of water would collect in teh scuttle and enter the car through the air vent is removed.

In teh case of teh CC, you will have many other places that can allow water in; unfortunately, every car will be different, and so you will have to develop a set of techniques to find them.
1. Dry area, and then use talc to detect the fresh flow.
2. Be inside the car and get someone to play a hose over each area in turn, to work out the leak. (Start at the bottom, and work up each panel and joint in turn. Try to keep areas that have not yet been investigated dry.)
3. Inspect teh seals and confirm that they are sound, uncreased, have no wires impairing the function, etc.
4. Be aware how you park the car, to see if the run-off makes a difference.
5. For the short time it takes to find the problem, take out the (spare) seats and carpets, so you have dry access everywhere, and can see small amounts of water.
etc.
Happy hunting.
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
Tolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Tolak For This Useful Post:
tom90 (15th July 2012)

Tags
footwells, opinons, water

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.