Scenic 2 - rear window problem - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Electronics

Notices

Electronics In Car Entertainment (ICE), Sat-Nav, lighting, wiring etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Scenic 2 - rear window problem

Electronics

Old 13th August 2011   #1
sensible
sensible is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 2 - rear window problem

Have a problem with the rear window of my grand scenic 1.6 VVT, 2006.
I have taken the door panel off (this took a while) and the cables are hanging freely and there is a piece of white plastic in the bottom of the door.

I have read a few threads here that say I can buy the white plastic piece that fits on the regulator and the glass of the window.

I have read that the part number is 77 01 209 366.

Does anyone have any advice or pictures about how to go about fixing this.
Currently in sensible's garage:
Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique 06
sensible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5 Lastest Threads by sensible
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Reversing switch location and access Electronics Dichtung 4 997 24th February 2013 01:33 PM
Scenic 06 1.6VVT, heater fan won't work on number... Heating & cooling sensible 2 1094 15th December 2011 04:38 PM
Renault Scenic 2 - Tapping Noise On Tick Over Engines madnoel10 1 999 20th October 2011 09:16 PM
Kerbed Alloy repair near Halesowen Wheels & tyres VelSatisfied 8 1187 26th September 2011 02:51 PM
Scenic 2 - rear window problem Electronics Gonescenile 6 1611 13th August 2011 01:08 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th August 2011   #2
Gonescenile
Gonescenile is
STILL trying to get the hang of photoshop
Super-mod

Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Re: Scenic 2 - rear window problem

If it's just the white clip that's broken then it's not too difficult a task to replace it ...... just fiddly.

The worst bit, after you've rewound the cable onto the spool, is getting the cable into the slot on the clip. You'll connect one end before winding the cable round the spool only to find the other end seems to come up short ! At this point you're 99% there ! If you look closely at the wheels on either end of the mecanism you'll see there is a small "slot" that allows you to fit the cable over half the wheel into the groove. If you forcefully turn the wheel the cable will be pulled into the groove. Then just refit the mechanism to the door, bolt the window to the mechanism and refit the door panel. Job done .

I'm sure I have some pics floating about somewhere ..... I'll go have a look and hope they havn't been deleted.

Edit - Ah sorry they've been binned.

If you use our search facility it'll throw up some very helpful posts which should point you in the right direction.

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800

Last edited by Gonescenile; 13th August 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Gonescenile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Gonescenile For This Useful Post:
sensible (13th August 2011)
Old 13th August 2011   #3
sensible
sensible is
has no status.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
If it's just the white clip that's broken then it's not too difficult a task to replace it ...... just fiddly.

The worst bit, after you've rewound the cable onto the spool, is getting the cable into the slot on the clip. You'll connect one end before winding the cable round the spool only to find the other end seems to come up short ! At this point you're 99% there ! If you look closely at the wheels on either end of the mecanism you'll see there is a small "slot" that allows you to fit the cable over half the wheel into the groove. If you forcefully turn the wheel the cable will be pulled into the groove. Then just refit the mechanism to the door, bolt the window to the mechanism and refit the door panel. Job done .

I'm sure I have some pics floating about somewhere ..... I'll go have a look and hope they havn't been deleted.

Edit - Ah sorry they've been binned.

If you use our search facility it'll throw up some very helpful posts which should point you in the right direction.
I am going to have a go at it tomorrow. I have managed to get the white clips from Renault.

I presume that I will have to take the whole mechanism out of the door in order to replace the clip and fix the cables in place before putting it back in.

The door panel was a pig to get off. I had difficulty getting a screw out of the door panel that was down inside the hole where the electric window switch fits. It seems that this will be hard to put back in.
Old 13th August 2011   #4
Gonescenile
Gonescenile is
STILL trying to get the hang of photoshop
Super-mod

Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3

Yup you'll need to remove the mechanism from the door - it's only held in place with a few 10mm bolts IIRC.
Use the search facility and you'll find some useful posts with pics that should help you out.
Take your time, I'm sure you'll get the job done

In fact, look here - http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showt...=scenic+window - and check out page 4 for a detaled description that should help
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
Gonescenile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14th August 2011   #5
sensible
sensible is
has no status.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
Yup you'll need to remove the mechanism from the door - it's only held in place with a few 10mm bolts IIRC.
Use the search facility and you'll find some useful posts with pics that should help you out.
Take your time, I'm sure you'll get the job done

In fact, look here - http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showt...=scenic+window - and check out page 4 for a detaled description that should help
Many thanks for your help.

This morning I completed the job.

The most difficult part was taking the motor off and winding the cables back onto it befor putting it back together. I had printed off some instructions from this forum and found a useful tip on how to put the last cable on as they do appear short. This tip was to roll it over the top pulley last using the segments in the pulley to turn using long nose pliers.

Once I had finished the widow only moved up and down in short bursts even though still pressing the button. I disconnected its power, reconnected and then wound to the top and bottom. Don't know what happened but it reverted to working correctly.

I am very pleased to have been able to fix it for 4.31 and as they come in pairs I still have one for the other side if that one breaks.

Tags
problem, rear, scenic, window

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.