Renault clio 1.5 DCI suspected fuel pump fail, injectors? Lack of power? black smoke? - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Engines

Notices

Engines Engines and other oily matters

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Renault clio 1.5 DCI suspected fuel pump fail, injectors? Lack of power? black smoke?

Engines

Old 15th February 2012   #1
Tyleer
Tyleer is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Renault clio 1.5 DCI suspected fuel pump fail, injectors? Lack of power? black smoke?

Hi guys my renault clio 2004 1.5 is very poorly.
Symptoms: Very lumpy tick over, Heavy black smoke, Lack of power, misfiring ect.

Basically it has the kind of symptoms that would point to the ERG, i gave the egr a real good polish and cleaned out all the gunk! this makes a difference for about a second when you start it then its back to lumpy tick over.... But im pretty sure its not that, although when you disconnect the egr it runs a bit better as with the plug from the air box. I brought the car as a project because i was told the fuel pump failed sending metal to the injectors. I opened the tank and found loads of tiny tiny bits of metal!!!!

Any ideas where to start what to do? Price's ? (please bear in mind my dad is a mechanic so i can do all the labour work.)
Ps i have just brought a new fuel filter to see if there are many bits of metal in there, i will cut open the old one tomorrow!
Any one point me to previous similar problems?
Thanks a lot for your time!
Currently in Tyleer's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dci, Corsa 1.0, Peugeout snake moped, Peugeot speed fighter 2 moped, Corsa fully modified gay boy racer!
Tyleer is offline   Reply With Quote

5 Lastest Threads by Tyleer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help Please, unhealthy clio? No previous replies,... Engines Tyleer 0 301 19th February 2012 08:55 PM
Renault clio 1.5 DCI suspected fuel pump fail,... Engines Tyleer 0 2409 15th February 2012 12:32 AM

Tags
black, clio, dci, egr or engine, engine problem, fail, fuel, injectors, lack, power, power loss, pump, renault, smoke, suspected