How do I re-code my key fob? - Page 24 - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Electronics

Notices

Electronics In Car Entertainment (ICE), Sat-Nav, lighting, wiring etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

How do I re-code my key fob?

Electronics

Old 5th October 2009   #116
Zoids315
Zoids315 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Central locking not working from key fob

Hi Mike,

i have this laguna 1998 2.0 rxe and have problem with the key fob i did change the batteries and try all the possible instructions i got fromn this forum but still i cannot make them work. Central locking from the button iside near the handbrake is working. i did clean the receiver but still no luck. Waht is the possible cause? Please help.

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 6th October 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Zoids315 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th October 2009   #117
MIKE4369
MIKE4369 is
has no status.
Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoids315 View Post
Hi Mike,

i have this laguna 1998 2.0 rxe and have problem with the key fob i did change the batteries and try all the possible instructions i got fromn this forum but still i cannot make them work. Central locking from the button iside near the handbrake is working. i did clean the receiver but still no luck. Waht is the possible cause? Please help.
Sorry can't help - the only info I had is on the forum, never dealt with ur model.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th October 2009   #118
le mitch
le mitch is
has no status.

Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE4369 View Post
Glad I could help.
I also have details of how to programme
Megane RF reprogramming
Megane with early remote
Clio II Kangoo Master IR Reprog
Clio II Kangoo Master RF Reprog
Lag II Safrane II RF reprog
If anyone is stuck
I have just replaced my battery in my key card because it was playing up. Now, although it lights up all the dash it just clicks twicw when I press the start key with a faint whirring for a few seconds. I have been told that I need to take car (wont start) and key to renault for it to be reprogrammed for 85.00. I'm furious!! Is there anything I could try please.

Its a Laguna Dynamique Estate 2051 plate.

Thankyou
le mitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th October 2009   #119
MIKE4369
MIKE4369 is
has no status.
Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by le mitch View Post
I have just replaced my battery in my key card because it was playing up. Now, although it lights up all the dash it just clicks twicw when I press the start key with a faint whirring for a few seconds. I have been told that I need to take car (wont start) and key to renault for it to be reprogrammed for 85.00. I'm furious!! Is there anything I could try please.

Its a Laguna Dynamique Estate 2051 plate.

Thankyou
2051 model Key cards are not my bag of tricks but the only time you would need reprogramming is when you buy a new card., or so I thought. There is loads of info on the forum on cards just have a look and see.

PS to all future posters with problems - I am now a Ford man so all references to Renault are behind me now. sorry but bye bye.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th October 2009   #120
tinker2
tinker2 is
has no status.
Diamond member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatz View Post
Hi all,

I purchased my Laguna ('96) a few months back and have only now noticed that the second key fob does not operate the central locking etc. I recall the chap that sold it to me saying he had changed the battery and am assuming that he never recoded it to the car.

Anyone know how I do this? Is it one of the fun one's whereby you have to turn the key left right etc...?

Thanks in advance.....
Hi I have ownly returned this week after having the grand children away down Bewdley from 24 of July until the first of September and then having to go through all the computers having some repaired and others reloaded it was as if everything went at once.

Now to come back to key fobs I have a renault espace 1998 I had to buy a second key for it as there was only one now according to how most things on this site if you lose the codeing you have to buy a new fob as they cannot be reprogramed not sure why this but it seems if you have the radio type it works on rotating signals.
Now I appeared to lose the code out of one of the keys as the batties went flat and I took them out found I had no spares and left it open with no batties when I got some put them in and although the light in the fob was flashing it would not work I kept trying now and again.
My freind was up here the other day and he want to have a lookk at it he said if I kept pushing the putton it should eventually come back into alinment any way he took the batteries out and took the little card out to show me the piece that hold the number or code put the key together pushed the buttona few times and said it should work we went down stairs he opened the door it must have been unlocked while we playing around with the fob so he tried several time and low and behold its WORKING so all I can say is happy playng unround until you drop lucky the only other way is to try and have recoded into the car
Best of luck John.
Currently in tinker2's garage:
1998 renault espace alize 2 ltre
tinker2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fob, key, recode

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.