Re: How to remove door card for Megane Coupe MK3
I've not taken one of a Megane Coupe but I have taken them of several other cars, Megane, ZX and BX.
As you're changing speakers, first thing I'd take a look at is removing the speaker covers/grills, you may be able to change them without removing the door card.
They're all pretty similar but you may have to find your way around a bit. Also, Renault tend to use Torx screws, the insert for putting a driver in looks like a star.
1) Take off your window winder if you have one, usually prising it off with a broad blade screw driver will do.
2) Remove arm rest/door grab handle, screws usually underneath.
3) There's often a screw in the plate behind the openeing catch. Leave the catch in situe, just feed it through the card as you remove it.
4) You may have to remove/prise off a cover inside the door where the mirror is.
5) If there's a door pocket at the bottom, there will be a couple of screws underneath holding it place.
The card is then hung onto the inside of the door in the window socket, with a combination of plastic lugs and mastic around the perimeter of the card holding it in place. Usually none under the window socket.
You'll need a sharp knife to cut the mastic, and a broad bladed screw driver or special tool to prise out the door lugs. Be careful and take your time, these lugs can break fairly easily. Start at one of the bottom corners and work your way around.
Once inside, take care to removing any electrical connections.
(The special tool looks like a 2 wide pronged fork which is shaped rather like an ordinary dining fork, prongs shorter and stronger)