Nissan interstar / renault master crunchy gear change - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Transmissions

Notices

Transmissions Transmissions...

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Nissan interstar / renault master crunchy gear change

Transmissions

Old 16th July 2013   #1
glen27
glen27 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Nissan interstar / renault master crunchy gear change

Hi all i'm a bit stuck with an issue that has just started with my van yes its a nissan not a renault bud its manufactured by renault so i believe, so hopfully i'm in the right place.
The van is 2003 2.5 120dci converted into a camper i bought it 3 years ago and have only put 4000klm on it since then which gives it a total of 91000mls.the van up to now has been fine, it has been lying trough the winter months and its only now that ive started to use it i have noticed that somtimes when shifting from 1st to 2nd there can be a light crunch feel and then somtimes shifting from 2nd to 3rd. the van had a gearbox oil change a few months back and again just recently on decovering this issue i've used a 75w90 as recomended by a motor factors but it was the cheapest of the shelf! the previous oil change i dont know what was used. so i'm thimking it may be that? i have noticed that when shifting from 1st to 2nd that if i go from 1st to a neatral posistion and then to second its fine and if i go from 2nd to 5th but not into 5th and the back to 3rd thats fine aswell if that maks any sence, i've tried to contact nissan for info on which oil sould be used and i was told to use pk5 gearbox oil? but to find that there is no such thing i taught was funny as these lads were a main nissan supliers. any comments would be more than welcome or opinion as i am at a loss, could it be the oil? could it be linkage? could it be the clutch? or could it be the gearbox? please help!!!!
Currently in glen27's garage:
nissan interstar 2.5 120
glen27 is offline   Reply With Quote

5 Lastest Threads by glen27
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Nissan interstar / renault master crunchy gear... Transmissions glen27 0 565 16th July 2013 03:14 PM

Tags
change, crunchy, gear, interstar, master, nissan, renault