Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems - Page 2 - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Bodywork

Notices

Bodywork Paint care, corrossion, body kits, spoilers, skirts etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems

Bodywork

Old 4th October 2005   #6
afterimage
afterimage is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just to let you know that I have exactly the same problem with my Clio (98, S reg). Originally the off side rear passenger door would just swing open as the lock mechanism would not close (which is not good when you're driving merrily along). Manually locking the door by pushing down the lock button did the job, but a little too well as now the lock will not open at all! So off with the door trim and after many hours of pulling, pushing, prodding and swearing: nothing. So off I went to my local Renault dealer for advice, to be told that the only way to open the door would be to remove the external door handle and smash the lock mechanism with a hammer!!!!

In all I agree with cliodiesel that this is a matter of concern to know that our cars are susceptable to deadlocking with no means of escape for those in the back seats. It would be interesting to see if other Clio owners have experienced the same problem.
afterimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th October 2005   #7
cliodiesel
cliodiesel is
has no status.
Threadstarter

Door can be opened

Sorry to here you have the same problem. I'll bet there are plenty more people this has happened to, they're just not on this forum. The door can be opened if you get the lock in the right place with a mechanic's pick. I've had to do it twice now. The best thing to do is practice on a lock "off the car" I got one at a breakers yard for 20.
cliodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007   #8
jomc
jomc is
has no status.

Hi there just to let you know i am having problems with my locks on my car too. It sounds a bit like the same problem, but when i put my key in my lock the mechanism just keeps spinning on both door locks, it will not open nor lock with the key.
Currently in jomc's garage:
Renault Clio II 1.2
jomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007   #9
MPS
MPS is
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliodiesel View Post
hi to everyone on the site,

Today i have been onto renault U.K (25 mins on hold) about the door locks on the rear doors of their Clio's... I really suspect ther is a safety issue with them! When I bought the car ( a 99' T reg 1.9 diesel) in may this year as a little run-a-round for my wife the off-side-rear door would not open, it was simply DEADLOCKED, everything I tried was nil. I decided to remove the door panel... yes with the door closed it is still possible with not too much hassle. I removed the handle and after about an hour of pulling and prodding about with a mechanic's pick I got the lock to release. The lock didn't look bad after examination but it would not work, I called the local renault dealer who could tell me right off the bat, the price of 120 odd plus vat.. no wait till I check the price or a short pause till he looked it up, just wallop with the price... good parts man him I thought, knows his stuff.I asked him if there were any issues with these locks and he replied "not that I know of". I called back later about a fan belt got the same guy... and you guessed it he had to look it up! A common part like a fan belt... who's kiddin' who. Anyway today while on the phone with renault UK they denied any issues with these locks... yet when you go to a breakers yard like I did, every single clio rear door locks are GONE. I eventually got one and fitted it, great... for a while. My son's friend pushed the button down on the rear near side door one day and the same problem occured!$%"&*^ The guy at the breakers yard (a friend of my dad's) tells me he cannot hold onto these things, as soon as a clio comes in the rear door locks are the first things to go! I told renault today they will hear from me again when I have collected some proof that these locks are indeed a safety issue. God-forbid my wife has the kids in the car one day and has an accident whereas they can only exit through the rear doors... THEY CANNOT GET OUT and EVEN FROM THE OUTSIDE YOU CANNOT OPEN THE DOORS!!! This is to me a safety issue, one which renault need to address!! Please any one out there who has had this problem, will you let me know.
I will not go away.
I have exactly the same problem. Today the door was working one minute - but then it wouyld not unlock at all. The central locking does not unlock it - and you cannot lift the lock tab on the door. Even turning the key in the driver front door does nothing. Basically the door may as well be welded shut. Anybody have any solutions???
Currently in MPS's garage:
Renault Clio 1.6 2001
MPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007   #10
jehu
jehu is
has no status.

Hi all - I just joined the forum because of this rear door lock problem. Both the rear doors on my wife's clio are jammed shut, and ive tried everything to open them, without success. I've also noticed that all the 4 door clios in scrapyards have their rear locks removed. When I phoned two renault dealers both people quickly said they were unaware of any problem with these locks. I think theyre lying through their teeth.

Help or advice of any kind would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by jehu; 24th August 2007 at 11:25 AM.
jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jehu For This Useful Post:
pipethan (25th August 2011)

Tags
clio, door, lock, problems, rear, renault