Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed* - Page 15 - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Read our Articles Scenic

Notices

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Scenic

Old 17th September 2009   #71
bigfeet
bigfeet is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Hey Kevinb, you should call Renault again and ask to speak to Nikki Bennett. She is the one in charge and can authorise the replacement. My 54 plate was at 84,000 so there can be no argument about mileage!
Currently in bigfeet's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic 1.5dci Dynamique
bigfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st September 2009   #72
buster1970
buster1970 is
has no status.

My 2004 scenic is back at the garage that i bought it from a month ago. The constant re setting of the clock and millage counter finally gave up so the dash is black its the second time ive taken car back he told me first time that his "renault" mecanic could not find a fault!!!
buster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009   #73
sandanman
sandanman is
has no status.

Well I've been hanging back before posting on this as I didn't want to tempt fate. Many thanks to bigfeet whose post prompted me to write a letter addressed to Nikki Bennett at Renault UK.

We bought a 54 plate Scenc 1.9 DCi back in June from a local dealer. We were driving it through France on the first day of our holiday a few weeks back when the dash display started flickering on and off. I phoned my local dealer who said it would need replacing at 500. I had it looked at in Spain and was quoted 1000 Euros!

After browsing this thread I decided to email Renault stating I knew of someone else who they had replaced t for and that I would expect the same offer. I didn't get a reply so then wrote the letter.

A couple of days later I got a call from a nice bloke at Renault. He was similarly coy but spent a good while asking about how the fault occured, how long we had the car etc. He then spoke to the dealer and called me back.

The long and short is that he said that he wasn't aware of it being a known design flaw, and that every case was considered individually on its merits, and suggested forum reports were often incorrect. He then said that based on the fact that it was our first ever Renault and they wouldn't normally agree to pay for a repair out of warranty, he said if the dealer looked at it and confirmed it was the panel that they would, on this occasion, cover it as a goodwill gesture.

My wife took it down there today and it's all been done for no charge. In all honesty I can't complain at all about the service we've experienced. Glad it's all done anyway and would certainly recommend putting your case in writing if you have this problem. Many thanks to this forum, without which I'd be 500 worse off!
Currently in sandanman's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic Expression DCi 120
sandanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009   #74
sandanman
sandanman is
has no status.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/..._scenic_r.html

Looks like my friend at Renault was being a little economical with the truth!
Currently in sandanman's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic Expression DCi 120
sandanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009   #75
rhea
rhea is
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbailey10 View Post
I had this problem on my Scenic and due to this website I was pointed in the right direction, Thanks!!

The problem started with the clock resetting and within a few days developed to the point where the dash wouldn't switch on without a hefty 'technical tap'. Anyway I found a company on Ebay advertising they could do the repair for 120.

This was cheaper than others and required a small leap of faith of whether they were upto the job as I couldn't see any previous refurbs in their history.

The unit was sent on the Monday, I had a phonecall Wednesday and an email saying it was being sent out and it was in the car working correctly on the Thursday.

I won't advertise the company as this would only get removed but 'tronix-pixel', would be familiar words to those who search ebay.

Thank You Renault Forums and its contributors for helping me getting my Scenic fixed and suffering little from the better half!!!

Same here!
Used the same people, (took a little longer...I live in Greece).
I've had it back about a week now, so far so good!
Currently in rhea's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto
rhea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital, display, flickeringfixed, renault, scenic