Independent Renault Forums banner

Drivers Window & Door card

11K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  scatz 
#1 ·
Well the drivers window on my Megane II 1.6 Authentique 3 door has been doing interesting things since I bought it two months ago. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it would need multiple presses and move an inch at a time. This evening when leaving work it died. The thing is now stuck down and makes motor and crunching noises. The window doesn't move.

By popping the switch out, I can see that the cable going into the white mechanism has broken free (the plastic is broken). Luckily tomorrow is a saturday, so I can go to the breakers yard. I just need to know how to take the door card off?

Oh, I miss my Clio.

#2 ·
Hi Richard.

The door card is normally held in place by some torx screws and clips (that you cannot see) around the edges. You would also need to remove the surround of any door release mechanism and the panel that holds your electric window buttons etc. If you have a push up pull down door lock, this would probably need carefully prising off as well as removal of any speaker in the door as the wires to these are normally very short.

Hope that is of some help.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.