audio connection box disappointment - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Electronics

Notices

Electronics In Car Entertainment (ICE), Sat-Nav, lighting, wiring etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

audio connection box disappointment

Electronics

Old 9th August 2009   #1
nickf
nickf is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry audio connection box disappointment

I recently bought a laguna III and specified the Renault Audio Connection Box as an extra, I have been extremly disappointed with this extra, basically I use it for an IPOD and can only use a maximum of 5 playlists, which is frustrating and it does not even display the title or track name, just numbers.
Am I missing something here, have read manual and find it conflicting regarding these points, has anyone had any better luck with this product? I have seen it is upgradeable, presumably by a flash file, has any one heard of a later flash which sorts these issues?
Having been relieved of 150 for this "Extra" I am feeling cheated.
I am using a IPOD classic, recently bought for the new car.
This unit looks identical to the Dansion product, is it just a badged dansion and a dansion flash upgrade may sort this, has any one tried this?

Any help regarding this issue, even if someone else is equally frustrated and has managed to get anything out of Renault

Cheers

Nick F
nickf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5 Lastest Threads by nickf
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
audio connection box disappointment Electronics luka3rd 7 15716 9th August 2009 10:15 AM
Mk2 Condenser connector size problem Heating & cooling madnoel10 1 725 8th September 2007 11:25 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9th August 2009   #2
James07
James07 is
RF's FCS Club Rep 2010
Diamond member

Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Why not just buy a decent stereo with AUX connection?

The Meet! FCS 13/06/2010
2005 Renault Clio (75) 16V
Currently in James07's garage:
2005 Renault Clio 1.2 Expression 16v
James07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th August 2009   #3
pghstochaj
pghstochaj is
has no status.
Diamond member

It will certainly not use the car display - very few OEM products do, out of memory a few specific BMW radios can do it and a Volvo with an expensive upgrade. Manufacturers just haven't picked up on it properly (perhaps not knowing how long the ipod interface will be around).

It should work that you map your playlists to buttons 1-5 (so you make 5 playlists in itunes, call them say "aXXX" "bXXX" "cXXX" and so on. Then using button 6 should allow selection of "all music", using the shuffle button to allow choice of shuffle or not. In my Megane I added this and thought it was an excellent piece of equipment, better than my friend's Ibiza version (Dension) and better than my girlfriend's Swift version (Connects2). You need to ensure your Ipod has the latest firmware otherwise it will do funny things like not switch off or charge when you expect it to.

I do believe the unit is made by Visteon (despite it looking like a Dension unit). You will not improve the functionality of it however, it is just an input to your CD changer port - hence why it works in the way it does.

I am not really sure what you would be expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf View Post
I recently bought a laguna III and specified the Renault Audio Connection Box as an extra, I have been extremly disappointed with this extra, basically I use it for an IPOD and can only use a maximum of 5 playlists, which is frustrating and it does not even display the title or track name, just numbers.
Am I missing something here, have read manual and find it conflicting regarding these points, has anyone had any better luck with this product? I have seen it is upgradeable, presumably by a flash file, has any one heard of a later flash which sorts these issues?
Having been relieved of 150 for this "Extra" I am feeling cheated.
I am using a IPOD classic, recently bought for the new car.
This unit looks identical to the Dansion product, is it just a badged dansion and a dansion flash upgrade may sort this, has any one tried this?

Any help regarding this issue, even if someone else is equally frustrated and has managed to get anything out of Renault

Cheers

Nick F
Currently in pghstochaj's garage:
Laguna Coupe 2009 GT DCI 180
pghstochaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th August 2009   #4
pghstochaj
pghstochaj is
has no status.
Diamond member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James07 View Post
Why not just buy a decent stereo with AUX connection?
No charging, no display other than "aux", no control of tracks, non-OEM look in the car and failure to function with main display.
Currently in pghstochaj's garage:
Laguna Coupe 2009 GT DCI 180
pghstochaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th August 2009   #5
nickf
nickf is
has no status.
Threadstarter

TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for this, I suppose my main gripe is the playlists, I have set up about 10 playlists within the IPOD and would like to be able to select any one of them via the remote but only the first 5 seem available, the manual seems to imply that this is possible, by stating the display will show up to 99 playlists, however it contradicts itself in the faultfinding section when it says over 5 playlists need to be selected from the IPOD interface, as my IPOD interface is not useable when connected (I am assuming they are refering to the controls on the Ipod itself) this is rather a disappointment. Am I doing something dumb regarding this?

TIA

Nick
nickf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
audio, box, connection, disappointment

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.