Important info on Scenic 2 dashboard failures - Page 14 - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Electronics

Notices

Electronics In Car Entertainment (ICE), Sat-Nav, lighting, wiring etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Important info on Scenic 2 dashboard failures

Electronics

Old 29th March 2011   #66
acca01
acca01 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Important info on Scenic 2 dashboard failures

Hi
Just recently bought a 54 Plate Renault Grand Scenic and only after using it for 2 months the Dashboard has gone. After searching on the forum i realised that it is a common fault and was featured in bbc watch dog program as well. It all started the same clock resetted and then dash went totally blank.
Went to local dealer they are saying now they need to further diagnose the problem and trying to charge me 120 plus vat per hour and said it would take them at least 2 hours to diagnose the problem so total cost just to diagnose the problem is 240 plus vat. I don't know what to do.
That is there new tactic to charge customers more money. If they have agreed that it is a renowned problem they should not charge so much for just diagnostics.
Any help or comments appreciated.
acca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th March 2011   #67
andytvcams
andytvcams is
has no status.
Diamond member

I would contact Renault UK.
Currently in andytvcams's garage:
2005 Grand Scenic 1.9dci
andytvcams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011   #68
richiek67
richiek67 is
has no status.

Hi There, yeah, theres a lot of problems with this. if you read some of the threads to this you'll get all the info you need. To summerise what i added last year when my wife's went ( 2004 scenic too ), being irish we seem to have absolutely no satisfaction with Renault in Ireland, total shower of unhelpful B*******! I believe if you threaten with legal action you may get sorted, especially in the UK.
We just ended up taking it out, the dash that is, and sending it up to northern Ireland to be fixed. Cost 150stg. Well worth it. Its still going fine and they give a 2 year warranty. A NEW dash from Renault only comes with a 1 year warranty, JOKE.
Cant remember the name of the place but i'm sure if you google 'Renault dash repair northern ireland', you'll get the address. I think the guys name is Iain, nice crowd too. I was having trouble getting mine out and i rang him and he went through it step by step on the mobile while i was in the car. We got it back in about 3 days.
Anyway, good luck.

Rich
richiek67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011   #69
acca01
acca01 is
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiek67 View Post
Hi There, yeah, theres a lot of problems with this. if you read some of the threads to this you'll get all the info you need. To summerise what i added last year when my wife's went ( 2004 scenic too ), being irish we seem to have absolutely no satisfaction with Renault in Ireland, total shower of unhelpful B*******! I believe if you threaten with legal action you may get sorted, especially in the UK.
We just ended up taking it out, the dash that is, and sending it up to northern Ireland to be fixed. Cost 150stg. Well worth it. Its still going fine and they give a 2 year warranty. A NEW dash from Renault only comes with a 1 year warranty, JOKE.
Cant remember the name of the place but i'm sure if you google 'Renault dash repair northern ireland', you'll get the address. I think the guys name is Iain, nice crowd too. I was having trouble getting mine out and i rang him and he went through it step by step on the mobile while i was in the car. We got it back in about 3 days.
Anyway, good luck.

Rich
Thank you guys for your responses.

Spoken with RCS they have spoken with the branch now and they will bear the cost of initial diagnostics for locating the fault. They said they will take at least 2 hours just to diagnose the fault let alone to do something to fix it and its already 3 days they have my car. I am sure they will not do any thing to diagnose as it is definetely the dash board fault and they just want money and now backing out of their promise they made after that BBC program. Good bye renault my first and last ever renault.
acca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #70
richiek67
richiek67 is
has no status.

Hi There,

Well i would have questioned the 2 hours . That an outright insult because its fairly obvious what the fault is . I have heard of places charging 1 hour ok for 'diagnosing the problem' . Believe it or not, all they do is plug in a computer with a special lead and within minutes they know what the problem is.
I wouldn't have given them 2 hours. Ask them what the warranty is ? Ask them if it goes again what the policy will be.
Have to say, hate people being taken to the cleaners like that by these people who know you don't have a leg to stand on if you know nothing about cars.
Anyway, i hope it works out for you. You shouldn't be paying more than 150stg for the whole thing, including parts !!! Its an inherent fault in their design . The part overheats and fails, over a short time in some cases.

Cheers

Rich
richiek67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dashboard, failures, important, info, scenic