Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Heating & cooling

Notices

Heating & cooling A place to discuss heating, air-con etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

Heating & cooling

Old 29th December 2009   #1
John Bolger
John Bolger is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, first impression is that it is a great source of information & help for renault owners - well done.
The heater blower (fan) on my grand scenic is not working at any speed setting. Just purchased a copy of the Haynes manual & checked this site for similiar problems to discover the blower motor resistor is a common cause of this problem.
I have automatic air conditioning & it is unclear to me if there is a blower resistor with this configuration or if the "Power Module" does this job instead. If there is a fault with the power module, is this repairable & if there is a blower resistor should I follow the advice in postings on this subject?
Looking forward to your advice,
John.
Currently in John Bolger's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic 1.6L Petrol
John Bolger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bolger For This Useful Post:
pablojohn (14th November 2013)

5 Lastest Threads by John Bolger
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working Heating & cooling ctgrif 6 18481 29th December 2009 11:23 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th December 2009   #2
Haree
Haree is
has no status.
Diamond member

Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

Hi and welcome to the forum. From what I have read I am guessing that your grand scenic has digital climate control and not just plain air conditioning. I know on modus's, megane's and scenics that rear stat failure is very common. The fan will only work on 2 speeds not all 4 but I don't know if that is the case with yours. If the fan does not work at all it could be a loose wire or blown fuse. If it is a rear stat then if your grand scenic is low mileage you could always ring up renault uk for a goodwill contribution towards repair although don't hold your breath.

Harry.
Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
Haree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1st January 2010   #3
John Bolger
John Bolger is
has no status.
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

Hi,

Still having difficulties with the blower not working - checked both 40A fuses and O.K.

Checked for blower resistor as per excellent aahbarnes thread and found connector but no resistor - I have climatic control & I am led to believe the speed control is via a power control module with these models.

Does anyone know how I could access the blower motor and maybe wire it direct to 12V as a temporary solution, as window condensation makes car dangerous to drive in this cold weather?

Any help appreciated
Old 6th January 2010   #4
John Bolger
John Bolger is
has no status.
Threadstarter

Wink Re: Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

Hi again,

Made some progress with my fan blower problem. Could not find any resistor as described in other threads, although Renault advise me it does exist for scenics with climatic control.

Anyway, managed to get the heater blower working by hard wiring directly to 12v. Eventually located the blower motor behind the glovebox - you have to remove the panels around the gear stick and then the centre console panel to get access to the glovebox panel screws. Once you remove the glovebox, look up and towards the driver side, there you will see a heavy gauge red & black wire pair that supply the heater motor. The connector can be removed but the contacts are located quite deep in the housing and I cound not get a connector in there. Decided to cut the red & black wire a few inches from the connector and then connected the red to the 40A fuse in the glovebox that supplies the fan in the first place (via the power control module) and I soldered the black to the earth connection on a spare cigarette lighter connector I had.

So now when you want to turn on the blower you simply plug in the connector to the cigarette lighter to complete the circuit- it runs on full speed but a lot better than no fan at all.

By doing this I am now quite sure the problem lies with the power control module, which is not easy to get at - any advice on this would be appreciated and I hope the above is useful to somebody else.

John
Old 18th January 2010   #5
bayleaf2
bayleaf2 is
has no status.
Diamond member

Re: Grand Scenic 2005 1.6 - Heater Blower not working

My scenic air con has an intermitent fault. I always leave it switched on, as that was the advice I was given when I bought the car. A few days ago when I started the car, their was a delay of about thirty seconds before the fan started blowing. The fan worked o/k this morning, but later in the day it was dead again. I turned the dial a few times to see if it would start up again but without any luck. I carried on down the road for a few miles thinking that was it, when it started blowing agail.
Looking at the answers that have been suggested for earlier queries, could it be a bad connection.

Regards,

bayleaf
bayleaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2005, air conditioning, blower, grand, grand scenic, heater, heater blower, scenic, working

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.