Renault Clio 2001 Alize - RF Key Problem and Autolock issue
My keyfob no longer operates my central locking.
I have tried the following with no success:
1. Changed the battery .
2. I have tried the resync to no avail :
CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
3. I took the key to a key place and they checked that the key was definitely sending out a signal as their machine could pick it up.
It's quite annoying as I have to lock all the doors manually. I notice there are some on here talking about the F21 fuse but i'm not sure if this is the correct one to remove and replace in my car. I have had a look at my fuse box and there was a picture of a key on the cover. I removed and replaced the corresponding fuse and still nothing.
Just looking for any further ideas, as I loathe to take it to Renault garage who'll probably want to charge a fortune. Car is only worth about £1k at most anyway. Would just be handy for me to be able to get this working.
The central locking button works fine .
It wouldn't be a big issue as I usually drive the car alone, so you would think I only have 1 door to lock when I get out, however, when I drive off, the car automatically locks all the doors after a few metres of driving and the central locking botton red light lights up. This then means that when I open the drivers door to get out, all the doors unlock. This autolocking only started happening when I attempted to fix the RF fob using the procedure described above. Even if I could just stop the car locking all the doors when I drive off, it would be something as I would then only have to lock my drivers door when I go to and from work.