Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Go Back   Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum Problem Solving Ask the Experts Electronics

Notices

Electronics In Car Entertainment (ICE), Sat-Nav, lighting, wiring etc.

RenaultForums
... Quick links
... Forum list
... Your dashboard
... Search the forums
... List new posts
... List today's posts
... List 0 reply posts
... Live post list (iSpy)
... Most viewed threads
... Special offers
... Members
... Member list
... Member map
... Member's gallery
... Who is online?
... Social groups
... Forum leaders
... Information
... FAQ index
... Garage list
...   Map version
... Glossary
... View our rules
...   Advertising
...   Privacy policy
... Contact us
... Feedback
... Fun stuff
... Arcade games
... Chat room
... Folding@Home
... Data
... Who drives what?
... Who supports who?

Use the drop-down below to display RenaultForums in the language of your choice.

Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems

Electronics

Old 13th December 2010   #1
gaz2195
gaz2195 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems

Hi,

I own a Renault Megane Coupe (59 plate) and I am having problems with the bluetooth connection for my phone.

When I originally got the car last year, I paired my phone up no problem and was making and receiving calls no problem at all (paired it with a Sony Xperia 10, software 1.6)

Recently, new software was brought out for the phone (2.1) and since then, I'm having problems.

The device is paired and it connects as soon as I get into the car with bluetooth turned on, however, if I receieve a call, it no longer comes through the in car system. I am also unable to make calls despite being able to find people in my phone's address book.

Is it simply a case of the new software on the phone being incompatible (which i accept might be the obvious answer) or is there something im doing wrong when pairing?

I'd be interested to hear from anyone if they have managed to connect and use a Sony X10 with new software

Thanks for any replies in advance

Gaz
Currently in gaz2195's garage:
2011 Megane Dynamique TomTom
gaz2195 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5 Lastest Threads by gaz2195
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cabling for Aux Audio Sockets, Megane 2011 Electronics gaz2195 0 1853 10th January 2012 05:59 PM
Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems Electronics maxfactor 15 29376 13th December 2010 12:13 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12th February 2011   #2
Megane396
Megane396 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems

Hi,

I just got my megane and have exactly the same problem with my x10 running 2.1. However, it now works. The way I have got it to work is to switch the phones bluetooth on after I have started the car. So far, this has worked every time. Hope this helps.
Megane396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12th February 2011   #3
Horatio
Horatio is
has no status.
Platinum member

Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8

It's a bit of a long shot, but make sure you're not answering the call using the touch screen on the phone. If I do this on mine (HTC Desire, Android 2.2)
then the handsfree doesn't respond and I just get audio through the handset. If I use the car's stereo remote to pick up the call, then the handsfree works perfectly.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th February 2011   #4
mowgli
mowgli is
surprised
Diamond member

Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1

This may help:
http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservic...nt-update.aspx
Currently in mowgli's garage:
Megane III Dynamique Tom Tom 106Dci
mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6th April 2011   #5
Russ72
Russ72 is
has no status.

Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Thumbs up Re: Bluetooth Phone Connection Problems

Hi,

New member so sorry if i have done this reply wrong.

I currently work for a Renault dealership, and over the past year i have changed my Nokia phone (which always connected to the phone system and also had no problems streaming music) to an Orange San Francisco or Android phone....this is where my problems began.

I could connect me phone via bluetooth and it would show my signal strength etc, but any calls in the audio would not kick in, ie t still rang on my phone, i couldnt sync my phonebook either.

As i work for Renault and thinking it was the car, i have tried various models with no success...until today.

This is an issue with Android phones not the stereo units, so pleas go easy on your Service guys lol.....there are 100's of forums about this problem covering all cars , the only common thing is Android.

I have resolved the problem (with my phone anyway) and hopefully this will do the same for you guys.

Go to Android Market, download "Bluetooth File Transfer" ..its a free app.

I did this opened the programme, closed it again when i realised how complex it looks....but lo and behold...success.

I have tried this in my car a New Megane Dynamique Tom Tom, a New Clio and a used Current model Scenic and it works.

I can know stream music via bluetooth and then make a call, the music cuts out and when i have finished the call it comes back on..BINGO.

The app is a file transfer app for Bluetooth...it appears that it is sending a bit more info to the car bluetooth (including finally my phonebook).

Give it a go...its free, takes seconds to download and it may just work....please let me know and i will try and get this pushed on to Renault Technical to other advise to service departments.

Good luck
Currently in Russ72's garage:
Megane Dynamique Tom Tom dci 1.5 110 EDC FAP 5DR
Russ72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russ72 For This Useful Post:
JL73 (6th January 2013), lexs (30th November 2011), mowgli (6th April 2011)

Tags
bluetooth, connection, phone, problems, radiosat

Quick Reply
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.