Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£1000 car from Tata

Has anyone heard about the £1000 car Tata the Indian car manufacturer is going to produce?:)

D

·
0 Posts
if its anything like my friends Tata 4x4 I wouldn't touch it with a very,very long barge pole. it was truly Shocking

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
standards are different there(India) i saw 4 people on a motorbike, just riding through the city and no helmets.:d

S

·
0 Posts
I once had a CityRover as a courtesy car. You had to pay Rover a few more £1000s for one of those so I can't imagine how bad a £1000 TaTa could be!

All I'd say is if the CityRover is anything to go by you'll need one of these every trip:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Still, it's a whole car for less than Renault would charge you for a gearbox.

And can it really be any less reliable than a Renault gearbox? :p

S

·
0 Posts
A Renault gearbox won't generally remove your legs at the knees after a minor shunt mind!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
A Renault gearbox won't generally remove your legs at the knees after a minor shunt mind!
Nope, it just removes the contents of your wallet and bank-account when it leaks all of its oil and starts making horrible noises.

Seriously though. If they intend to sell it to the European market, then it'll have to at least pass Type Approval. It'll probably be no less safe in a crash than a current model Chrysler Voyager, and plenty of people still seem happy to drive those.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
TATA-The marque of quality....ahem....:rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see what the price is by the time it makes it here.I'm sure there are people that will buy it,enough people have bought Peroduas and the TATA really can't be any worse than that.....surely.....if it has 4 cylinders it will be an improvement.:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts