Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I know i'm new here but i'm having a small problem with my car at the moment and i can't really figure out what's wrong with it.

When i rev the engine to about 1500rpm it seems to be missing??? It drops revs and then back up again, only about 2 or 300. It also makes the car more prone to stalling unless i rev it a bit more when taking off. It doesn't happen at higher revs.

I figure its either something with the injectors or the ignition. Possibly a sensor?????? I just don't know where to look?

Anyone any ideas??

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The common cause of misfires on the 16 valve engines is coil failures.If you search for 'pencil coils' on the forum,you should find out what you need to know.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i've done a search and read around a bit.
emm

In this thread

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/megane/2223-renault-megane-engines-chugging-megane-toxic-fume-filter.html?highlight=pencil+coils

Sleepdeprived says
Sleepdeprived said:
So how noticable is a fialed coil, will it be very noticable that one has failed?

Im just wondering as on idle mine has a slight wobble every 3-4 sec but from what I can tell I have no performance issues or idle issues apart from the wobble.
Thats pretty much whats happening mine?

Also if Sleepdeprived reads this!!!!!!
What did you do to sort it?

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts