Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just bought a wee clio with engine trouble there is a lot of black smoke when reved. there is also a bad misfire.

I have cleaned the egr valve it was dirty but it didnt chnge any of the problems.

i did notice a lot of a tar like substance around two of the injectors cant seem to pin point were its coming from.

i took one of the glow plugs out just to see:eek: there was oil on them?

my question is are all these problems related or have i got a few differant issues and how would there be oil getting into the glowplugs

any help to steer me in the right direction would be great

thanks in advance:d
Shane

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Tarry substance around the injectors is a sign their fire-wall washers are leaking and oil on on the glow-plugs ain't a good sign either.

Is the oil on the glow-plugs diesel fuel or lube oil

Sadly the 1.5 Dci engine has a history of sticking piston rings and failing fuel pumps.

First thing I suggest is you check the fuel filter for signs of metal particles. If particles are present it is a sign of a failed fuel pump.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi madnoel

thanks for the reply there is definitly a good presence lube oil on the injectors.

have changed fuel filter it seemed to be free of any metal pieces

im gonna take the injectors out:eek: and get them recondtioned

were would the oil be coming from that is on the glow plug?

as far as i know the car has been sitting up this last couple of months if that makes any differance

do you think its time for a differant engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all

Just as an update i have taking the head off the car the gasket looked good. but im worried about how much piston slap there is one of them has a movement of 2mm.

question is how much piston slap is there meant to be is this a sign that the rings are worn and why i was getting oil on my glow plugs:(

any advice or comments would be great as i am not a mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.