Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Clio 1.5 dCi 80 expression, and I also have two questions...

1) Can you fit fog lights onto a car which has body coloured caps covering covering where they should go. What would be involved in installing, ie do you think they fit the same cables or will I have to do some rewiring?

2) Is it possible to change the stalk and possibly display and fit the standard trip computer to a car where it was not fitted in the factory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
1. Pop the caps out and look for unused wiring and connectors.

2. Never been done to my knowledge and would require far too much work to be worthwhile.
Insufficient information is available on what the trip computer system would require to function.

One example being whether or not it has a fuel flow sensor or merely estimates the fuel usage based on the injector cycle.

J

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Whilst the cabling for the fogs may be present you will need the lighting UCH reprogrammed plus a suitable lighting stalk.

Renaults don't have such a thing as a fuel flow meter (would be great if they had) - mpg calculation by the onboard computer extrapulates information based on the injection cycle:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
You can get hold of fog light kits which include the lights, wiring, switch etc, they're useful for import models.

It's a legal requirement, remember, to have a tell tale light on your dash showing that the fogs are turned on!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
You can get hold of fog light kits which include the lights, wiring, switch etc, they're useful for import models.

It's a legal requirement, remember, to have a tell tale light on your dash showing that the fogs are turned on!
It should be a legal requirement to have a loud hailer installed inside the car screaming 'Is it foggy asshole' at thirty second intervals !!!!

People don't realise it's a three point offence if it's not bloody foggy !

<disengage rant mode>

:devil:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whilst the cabling for the fogs may be present you will need the lighting UCH reprogrammed plus a suitable lighting stalk.

Renaults don't have such a thing as a fuel flow meter (would be great if they had) - mpg calculation by the onboard computer extrapulates information based on the injection cycle:)
Thans for the reply. I already have a stalk with the foglights symbol on that activates my rear fog light, would it not be just connected to that?

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Thans for the reply. I already have a stalk with the foglights symbol on that activates my rear fog light, would it not be just connected to that?
Nope, fraid not.

The stalk will move round twice, once for front and twice for front and rears together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry to bring up an old post. But I have just brought a 1.2 clio expression and was wondering if it is possible to fit a trip computer to it? Also i was thinking of wiring the fog lights up so they are drls? but fitting dimmer bulbs as not to dazzle anyone? any thoughts?
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts