Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 03 espace 2.0T auto 36K,The electric handbrake works as it says it should in the handbook,but every time i start the car,it checks systems and comes up on the dash automatic handbrake faulty.Is this a common problem?is their a simple fix?Also after the car is locked for a few minutes the fuel pump(underside of fuel tank) ticks and carries on until the car is unlocked.Is this normal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're lucky that your car starts!!

I had this error message once and the car refused to start.

The only way I could start the damn thing to start was to release the handbrake manually - under the flap between the 2 front seats.

Once the car was started, the problem went away.

Also, from past experience, I've noticed that the error messages come on for a few days, then go away.

I recently had a 'check emmission' message appear. My Renault dealer wanted to book the car in as it was 'a major fix'.

Before the car went in, the message disappeared.

I now know not to take any message seriously - only when the car stops working!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,my message has only been showing for a few days,the service and P triangle are also on the display!maybe it will go away,this is my second french car after 15 years of german cars,dull but dependable.The espace is a very good well designed car,and with out any doubt the best MPV on the market.If I find their is is a fault I will give feedback,and I will not take ant waring signs to seriously!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts