Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this and this is my first thread. ill start at the beginning. Purchased a 2003 (52) Renault Laguna 2.2 dci Privilage Estate in November 2010 after having a horrible time with a golf gti
anyways bought it cheap from a dealer mate of mine so no warrenty or anything. 88k gear box making noise so knew it was going to need doing eventually.
Anyways mot tim comes and dosnt need much, rear axle bushes and head light adjustment so not to bad. So March 2011 comes around and gearbox finally goes.. loses 3rd and 4th... Quoted £750 to renew bearings in the box.. eventually get a gearbox from an excellent breakers in newcastle upon tyne (North East Renault Parts - Blaydon) highly recommended.
out of 2004 laguna 27k.. clean as a whistle.. had the box inxtalled along with a new clutch total £750.
Now my partner had used the car 2 days ago on the morning... it was thenn left for a few hours till she went to move the car and it would not start, just turning over and getting the voice warning "fuel injection system not functioning stop the car and contact renault dealer"
manged to get the car started by bump starting it and has started ok ever since.. but when driving ive knoticed in second gear as your taking off building up spped there is a bit of chugging it only happens for a little bit and if you put your foot down it stops... ive been reading a few stories on a few different forums and not really sure whats happening... turbo failure due??? and help and advice would be greatly appreciated
:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The 2.2 Dci engine has a known history of problems but I suggest you start by checking out the EGR valve and go from there.

Also check the inlet manifold isn't cracked or leaking.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts