Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, wonder if any one can help? My wife got stranded on the school run today, after dropping off at school, scenic wouldn't start. Engine turns over all seems normal, apart from it not starting. AA towed her to a local garage, advising it was the diesel pump. Local grage "tow started it" and thought it was air leak, and to monitor it. Well yes you guessed it! Tonight same problem.
If it is an air leak where do I start? I presume the filter, but I am not at all sure where this is!
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like a problem I had years ago with my pergeot 205, mine had a crack in the fuel pipe between the tank and the pump, you think the pump is wrong because you can pump by hand with no air showing, but the pipe sucks air in under engine turnover pressure, not sure where the filter is on your car, try an independant garage, pipe will only be a few£s Hope this helps a bit. Try starting the car, while someone is laid listening underneath you may hear hissing/sucking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea, sounds like a reasonable explination! I have a feeling this is going to be one of those annoying things to trace!
Cheers,
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts