Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopfully this is a simple one.
I have a second hand Megane 03 and it has a keycard that has 3 buttons on it.
This is the same althogh mine dosent have the lock,unlokc symbols on the buttons,
http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/455397348/High-Quality-Renault-Megane-3-button-remote-key.jpg

Right, i use the top button to unlock, the bottom button to lock with a second press if i want to wind the windows up too but what does the 3rd(middle) button do.
Also i hear there are various features (keyless entry an the like) that you can activate with certain button combinations but as the car isnt new and i had no manuel with it im at a loss.
Any help or just some simple intructions as to the features and uses of the buttons would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Lee :)

·
Administrator
11,645 Posts
The 3rd button is for auto lock or the handfree function I think. Well thats what the 3rd button on a Laguna II card was for.

But your card having that button doesnt necessarily mean that the car has that feature. The keycard could have been replaced by the previous owner to the one you have today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The 3rd button is for auto lock or the handfree function I think. Well thats what the 3rd button on a Laguna II card was for.

But your card having that button doesnt necessarily mean that the car has that feature. The keycard could have been replaced by the previous owner to the one you have today.
Hi, Dave.
The only time i used the 3rd button (middle) was to see if i could open the boot without unlocking the whole car. It seemed to work and s i asumed thats what this button was for but reading these boards i may be wrong.
Which for me is a regular thing:d
Say it was for the handsfree entry thing, how would i operate it or know if its been fitted?

Edit, i dont know what i was smoking when i tried the 3rd button as it dosent infact unlock the boot..
All it seems to do is make the repeaters fash twice.
What does ths mean?
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ im useless with cars!!!! lol

·
Administrator
11,645 Posts
Well looking at the photo in your initially post I did think it was for remotely opening the boot as the little symbol on the 3rd button looks like that.

Im sure a member who owns a Megane will be along shortly to advise better.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
my 3 button 1 if its 1 up 1 down and 1 to the rite top to open buttom to close hit 2 times for dead locking and the 1 to the rite is boot open only

Reactions: Lee.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Hi, I've got a Mégane with the exact same card.

The middle one is to unlock the boot without unlocking the rest of the car.

The Hands free operation is not activated by the card with the Mégane, there's a few easy ways to check if your car has it.

Your door handle will have a circular button like this. That is to lock the car when you get out.

Also, after opening the drivers door, the dash will not say PLEASE INSERT CARD, it will say PRESS BRAKE + START.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies.
I fitted the new part but dont think thats fixed it :(
I think my next poert of call will be to change the crank sensor and see ifthat fixes ity.
Thanks all :) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.