Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys a friend of mine wired up some after-market RPM, TEMP, VOLT gauges up to his clio.

Now after it was wired up the car started going into limp mode.

took it too a garage and apparently were he spliced into the cable on the coolant sensor apparently have sent a signal to the ECU and have blown something.

According to this electrician the ecu keeps thinking the car is over heating so making the car over heat.

How is it possible the the ECU has been blown via after-market gauges.

could there be another problem i am missing?

coolant temp sensor was replaced and problem still there.

also if the ECU is blown what do i need to buy to fix this i know i need an ecu but will i need keys and transponders etc... if i get a second hand ecu as been quoted well over £500 for a new one plus programing

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The after-market system is likely to have its own voltage supply which may not be compatible with the ECU and may be entirely different than that of the ECU. Also remember the ECU relies on signals from the temp sensor to regulate fueling.

You may be able to get the current ECU tested and/or repaired.

I take it the after-market system has been removed form the car.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got A replacement ecu, transponder and key chips from the scrappy online
put it all in and now car wont turn over LED just flash's saying imboilzer wont work

am i missing somatt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok update put the old Transponder and ignition barrel in. car turns over but half way throught just stops.

then u turn the key again and u get nothing just dead but all lights are on and imobo light is on permanently

turn key on and off a few times and it will turn over either a quick 1 sec burst or 3 - 4 second burst.

now am confused.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hi, you need to replace the engine ecu, the key fob and the uch which is the computer behind the fuse box inside car for it to work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine is a UCH-n3 can i put a UCH-n2 on. i know i will look my rain sensor etc.. but as long as the car works i would be happy.
or can i get my UCH-N3 programed?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my m8 seemed to think so.

I own a vectra with my own problems just gotta fix this..

just hope i can put the N2 on instead of the N3 and loose the only extra he has got witch is rain sensor.. seems hard to find a N3 ecu set for a 1.2 16v

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump

any question the guy at a scrap yard said the UCH's can go into sleep mode and need an auto electriction to "reboot" them to work fully what does he mean?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
never had to reboot a uch
what ecu is in your car? I may be able to tell you how to swap the immob data from your ecu to the replacment if you can use a soldering iron

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
open up the ecu look on the PCB for a small pin soic No 95160 swap the 1 from your ecu into the replacment and you are sorted
leave you own key uch etc in the car

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well not having much luck no one has a UCH-n3 aparently if i put a N2 in i will loose headlights.

rang a few ecu repair places they wont touch it.

am really stuck on what to do £600 from renault for new ecu

1 - 20 of 25 Posts