Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basicaly I got a loss in power, pulled over tried to turn engine off would not turn off or stall, just sat on max revs blowing out loads of smoke until it died. Been told the turbos gone but I think it may be worse. Anyone else had this problem and what was the outcome?

Cheers

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, pity it is with such bad news.

If the turbo seals start leaking engine oil is drawn in to the turbo and is then used to power up the engine, the engine only stops running when the sump oil runs out.

You will need a new turbo, and the engine checked over, I am not sure if it would be damaged.

Is your car a manual? if so you should have put it in gear and stalled the engine when the revs went up.

You will perhaps get a better answer than this, my car has the petrol engine.

Do a search here, there are other posts on this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi bribox
sorry to hear this. but it is what happened to my car but mine didnt rev high just sucked up oil from sump and had new turbo replaced at £800 sorry for bad news but i know it happened to me
jeff

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
The Turbo and possibly the engine are dead..

Go to your local Renault dealer as it maybe covered under warranty as per the the Yellow Turbo OTS.
This has extended engine warranty due to turbo failure for 5 years or 90K miles as long as you have full Service history (that means history of services from VAT registered garages, not necessarily reanult ones)..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi bribox I know how you feel if it is your turbo I've just experienced the pain cost me 370 quid for new kkk turbo from turbotechnics.com but my laguna is a 1.9dti not sure if Dci is a Garret turbo also needed a new cat and the rest of the exhaust system also get the EGR valve taken off and cleaned , manifold should also be power washed, get a compression test to make sure no internal damage has been done to cylinders and make sure the garage doing the work identifiy why the turbo failed i.e shaft snapped or fan fragment, this will give you a good indication to any problems you might have.
Good luck
Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts