Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

The A\C on my Megane was regassed last year this time, it worked perfectly. Earlier this year my turbo charger blew and the car ended up standing for 6 months.

After fixing that almost a month ago the A\C doesnt work. It is blowing air but not cold. What strikes me as odd is, i cant hear the clicking sound from the engine compartment when the aircon clutch is meant to engage.

I checked the fuses which looked fine. No error lights or messages are displayed..

Could it be an error code thats preventing the A\C from turning on??

Thanx for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes it could be fault code DF1070 COLD LOOP.had this on my 2006 megane last year.renalt changed a wire loom be hind front bumper,going to air,con pump this was repaired free ,as it was a common fault ,.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
You need an AC guy to connect some gauges and see what pressure is in there. No pressure or very low pressure means you have a leak and the compressor won't come on.

If it had leak detection dye added when it was regassed you can try looking for green dye on the pipework / condenser to show evidence of a leak. You can also inspect the AC pipework looking for evidence of leaks which often show up as oily residue which then attracts dirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts