Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 04 Scenic 1.9 dci and say every 3 days the alarm will randomly go off and when I go and turn it off and open the door there is a audible beep which is 4 beeps, anyone have any ideas as to what this is.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
The beeps are telling you the alarm has been activated ..check door/bonnet switches are all okay as they are usual suspects for false alarms

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spoke to a mate who has a Scenic and he has a Renault alarm booklet and in there it says for 4 beeps is, Attempts to start (ignition key) no one has tried to start it though

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Just spoke to a mate who has a Scenic and he has a Renault alarm booklet and in there it says for 4 beeps is, Attempts to start (ignition key) no one has tried to start it though
Thats a new one on me ..if thats correct sounds like a fault in ignition system ..check fuse boxes for water damage etc

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will have a good look at it tomorrow as it is raining now, could it be the battery as there is a lot of alarm faults on here and it seems to be the battery on most of them

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a good look today nothing obvious is standing out and nothing is getting wet, had boot lock and bonnet alarm pin out and gave them a good clean put it all back together and 1 hr later alarm is going off again so still non the wiser

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guy's

Turned out to be the volumetric internal sensors at the rear of the car, I did what someone suggested by putting tape over them and it has just been over 1 week now and so far it hasn't gone off.

happy days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts