Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this and keen not to make a prat of myself, but here goes; my wife's 2005 35,000 mile cabrio, usually reliable has developed a fault with the central locking. The boot will not shut, so the car won't lock. Nothing is obstructing the catches, and there's nothing else obviously wrong. Yesterday all was well, and she had the roof down. Put the car in garage last night, roof closed, car locked; no problem. Opened and closed the boot this morning to put a bag in; no problem. Short journey; opened boot to get bag out; boot won't close. Can lock driver's and passenger door using button on dash, but boot won't catch. I'm missing something here. Any sensible suggestions most welcome. Thanks

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
make sure the hoop the latch locks over hasnt moved down a bit with slaming the boot shut if that dont work you will prob have to take the boot trim off and give the lock a good clean and make sure its all working correct

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this anyway, but we've fixed it. As I suspected, the central locking had somehow got `out of sequence'. Close the driver's and pass doors; hold down the release button under the bottom lip of the open boot; with your other hand press the 'lock' button on the card; close the boot. Its locked, and unlocks normally when you press the button on the card. Simples.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Close the driver's and pass doors; hold down the release button under the bottom lip of the open boot; with your other hand press the 'lock' button on the card; close the boot. Its locked, and unlocks normally when you press the button on the card. Simples.
This actually worked! Had the problem on a 2006 Megan Cabriolet and this worked to fix the problem. Amazing. thank you Peter!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
43,025 Posts
Explain, Not enough info in your question..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts