Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Renault Clio Campus (1.2) has an intermittent starting problem. I've taken it to a local garage who have plugged it in to the diagnostics and it is reporting no errors. There are no warning lights on the dash.

Hopefully this post will help me direct them so they know where to look.

If the weather is warm and dry then the car will start and run with no problems.

If the weather is cold/and or damp and the engine is cold then the car has difficulty starting. It will not start on just a key turn (the engine does turn over). I am required to also press the accelerator (pump it a bit) to get the car to start. Then, when it does start, the revs are so low. I put my foot on the floor and very slowly the revs will increase to about 2000 when it’ll suddenly spring into life with a roar.

If I take my foot off the accelerator, the revs will drop until the car stalls. In order to keep the car running, I need to keep my foot on the accelerator with the revs high-ish until the car has warmed up (5-10mins). Then when I take my foot off the accelerator, the cars RPM will drop to normal idling rpm (700-800?), and I can then drive away. For the rest of the day, the car will run perfectly, even when it has stopped/started.

It started off back in Jul/Aug that the car would start OK, but the idling RPM would be a bit low when the engine was cold. Once the engine had warmed up, it was fine. Now the temperature has started to drop, I’m seeing an increase in the problem of it not starting.

From my research I’m lead to believe this is some kind of sensor issue? That the car isn’t detecting that the weather is cold/damp and that it needs to increase the amount of fuel to the engine? If you have any ideas about what I need to get checked, cleaned or replaced I would be very grateful. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

You posted it about 5 years ago. Hopefully your car was fixed after it. Now, I have a 2010 Clio and exactly the same problem as yours.

Do you or anybody have a solution for it?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts