Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ahh yeah.. thanks guys.. I'll probably go for a used part here locally (off the X-Trail) or go for the extortionate new part from the renault dealer...

Still waiting for a decision from my independent dealer..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just to finish this out out....
Independent dealer went to ground.. Renault just offered no help .. so ...

Finally bit the bullet and bought the renault part.
€850 euros and then paid €120 for fitting.

Just couldn't figure out if an X-Trail part would fit it.. and also just decided I'd feel safe carrying the family around with a brand new part anyway...

Passed the NCT and back on the road now so...
Bit of the gloss gone off it for me now.. but its still a nice vehicle to drive so...

Won't ever be buying a Renault of any sort again tho..

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,921 Posts
Nor a Nissan then...

That subframe will last you a few years...

Back on the road, thats the main thing..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well yeah... someone did say that Qashqai's have this problem too..

I keep hearing about UK imports (to Ireland) in general.. the gist is "oh it was a Uk import, they all rot cos of the salt on the roads." etc.

But I find that kinda hard to swallow.. can't imagine there wouldn't be uproar in the UK if all the cars were rotting away after the winter all the time.

Possibly mine was sitting for a long time... which might have contributed to it.. (bought it 15 months ago as a 08 with 47k Miles on it...so...)

But really what I'm most disappointed about is Renaults response... the local Renault dealer was downright unpleasant, and cals to Renault Irelands support are actually routed to the UK, and those people were pleasant .. but ultimately.. no help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya,
yeah.. not weldable... too much gone... (see attached photos)

Wondering where on earth I can find a replacement. Not showing up on any partsfinders...
Car dealer I originally bought it from is being very decent and is trying to help me.. he's come up empty handed too though..

No help from Renault except to tell me the new part is apparently available for €800 + VAT.
No secondhands available anywhere.

Wondering about X-Trail subframes.. everywhere I read about the Koleos it seems to say its based on the X-Trail or uses the X-Trail running gear. I could get an X-Trail subframe handy enough ..
But is it a proper fit?
Local Renault dealer won't tell me.. (he's Nissan as well...) .. keeps givin me the official line.. renault parts only etc...

Thanks
PJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
im sure this is my car ,my koleos 2008 privilage is exactly the same sub frame rotten in the same places and identical luckily my mot station has passed it twice now but im looking to replace andyes they are basically the same as nissan xtrail and qashqai 2.0 diesel so easy to pick up second hand from around £150 to £340 new part no 54400jy00a and also renault no 821050

·
Registered
4 Posts
im sure this is my car ,my koleos 2008 privilage is exactly the same sub frame rotten in the same places and identical luckily my mot station has passed it twice now but im looking to replace andyes they are basically the same as nissan xtrail and qashqai 2.0 diesel so easy to pick up second hand from around £150 to £340 new part no 54400jy00a and also renault no 821050
Just to finish this out out....
Independent dealer went to ground.. Renault just offered no help .. so ...

Finally bit the bullet and bought the renault part.
€850 euros and then paid €120 for fitting.

Just couldn't figure out if an X-Trail part would fit it.. and also just decided I'd feel safe carrying the family around with a brand new part anyway...

Passed the NCT and back on the road now so...
Bit of the gloss gone off it for me now.. but its still a nice vehicle to drive so...

Won't ever be buying a Renault of any sort again tho..
i have just replaced my subframe as it looked as bad as yours and after much searching online looking at photos etc i went for a second hand xtrail t31subframe and it was a 100% match only paid £100 delivered and it was in very good condition got some new bushers of ebay £37 and paid a local garage £250 to fit it so if anyoneelse gets stuck go for a xtrail t31 subframeloads about and very cheap i think you can also use the qausqia j10 2 dci subframe as well

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ahh I'm glad to see you got it done for that kind of money!

They are great old cars really so its nice to see people keeping them going.

Great that we all now know for definite which subframe will fit.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i read your old post and saw no one knew that the t31 xtrial is the exact same subframe so thought i would share to help others .
yes they are great cars i have owned 3 now and still cant really find anything better to replace it with i use it for towing my caravan and work the fact it returns me over 40 mpg and tows 2 ton with ease and is super rieliable is making it hard for me to change which is something i have never done before i always changed my car every year or two so keeping one is new for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Heh, thats interesting.. I, on the other hand, tend to fall in love with a vehicle and keep it till it dies..
Last car was a '98 Passat estate 1.8i petrol... full leather and all the rest.. had it for about 10 years.. my wife thought I'd cry when it finally bit the dust...
But now that I've tasted the higher up driving life.. never going back .. can't abide a normal car now.. too low.. can't see over the ditches at all.. sheesh..

40mpg ? Really .. hmmm.. my Koleos only reports 32.5 mpg on the motorway at 120kph (75pmh)... Not that we're on the motorway much these days with the covid restrictions telling us to stay within 5km of home...LOL...
(Yes officer... yah... have you ever heard of a DPF? )

Great to hear you are so happy with the Koleos..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts