Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
My scenic has recently decided it doesn't like the hills on my commute to work and back. I would normally fly up them in 5th at 60mph (country rd national speed limit). But now it really struggles and loses speec and I have to drop it a gear. I've noticed that my accelerator pedal is near the floor, very little clearance beneath it. I tried to see if the pedal was floppy when I tried to raise it by hand, but it was quite stiff and didn't want to lift. Then it clicked into a higher position. I panicked, and pushed it down again, clicked back into lower position her floor.
Any advice? Gets me to work and back still. But just no get up and go with it anymore. The change was quite sudden. One day great, next day poor. Don't know if all this snow and ice might have affected anything.

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,528 Posts
Hi Rochdalemark and Welcome.
Sounds like the mechanical bit of your pedal has something wrong with it.
You could get under there is see if it's not something silly like the corner of a mat or an old shoe getting stuck. Check the pivots and linkages for free movement down and up and check that sensor mount nuts are secure.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,218 Posts
Not one I have come across before but some background for you to think on.

The throttle is fly by wire.
There is a switch, potentiometer system on the pedal that reads how much you are pushing, this send info electronically to engine controls and that adjusts fueling to suit.

Normally, if that switch fails, it would start throwing up warning lights or at worst, leave you with no throttle.

That you can hear a click and see the pedal lower then it should be, suggests to me that something has come adrift on the whole assembly.
And that the throttle is now only working at the lower end.

See if you can get head under and see what is clicking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah.... I've taken a look online at the fly by wire Throttle Pedal Assembly. I'm assuming the click was the linkage going into the opposite position to what its supposed to be in. Don't know why its low though. I'd originally thought it was just a stretched cable, didn't know it was fly by wire. Is it a big job to take out and have a gander at?

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,528 Posts
Ah.... I've taken a look online at the fly by wire Throttle Pedal Assembly. I'm assuming the click was the linkage going into the opposite position to what its supposed to be in. Don't know why its low though. I'd originally thought it was just a stretched cable, didn't know it was fly by wire. Is it a big job to take out and have a gander at?
No. Two screws. Getting in there is the hard bit :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems that after my prodding and poking last night. The pedal seems to have bounced back a bit. Now get three fingers on edge under there. :)
The throttle response still seems a little unresponsive / lackluster when I put my foot down though. Would resetting my ecu have any beneficial effect?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,218 Posts
Seems that after my prodding and poking last night. The pedal seems to have bounced back a bit. Now get three fingers on edge under there. :)
The throttle response still seems a little unresponsive / lackluster when I put my foot down though. Would resetting my ecu have any beneficial effect?
Doubt it
You need to get to the bottom of what the pedal is doing and fix that

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,056 Posts
Make sure you get the same sensor.
Two different ones fitted, one for Cruise control, and one not..
So match the numbers, throttle stops are different ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts