Independent Renault Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yeah I figured that might be the case with IAT now that there's a new one on there and it's still coded. There's a good chance there's nothing wrong at all. It runs lovely.

Just this oil leak now. That pipe is a pain to get to and quite annoying since I recently had that engine out... It's a big leak. Puddle is 20cm across in only a few mins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Okay oil leak is fixed. That was a pain, but it turns out I must've damaged the o-ring when installing it as it had split. All sorted now, leak is gone.

I've had another investigation of the crank case pressure and I think it may be normal for this engine. When revving slightly the oil cap air flow changes to a slight vacuum, indicating that the PCV is working fine and that there doesn't seem to be much getting past the piston rings so I'm gonna leave that now.

Speedo still seems to wobble when driving which is new as it didn't happen on this car or the donor car. I've had a look and cleaned up the speed sensor again but no help.

The JB3 gearbox on this car is from the donor car (the same car this block came from) as the JC5 gearbox in the original vehicle was rattly and starting to leak.

I've had a look at moving the speed sensor from the other gearbox to this one, but they appear different. One has a little nubbin that rotates sticking out the end, the other does not. Both gearbox holes are the same though.

Very odd. Does the ECU differentiate between JB3 gearbox and JC5?

Cheers,
J

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,185 Posts
No idea about/experience on the differentiation unfortunately ........
I've had a look at moving the speed sensor from the other gearbox to this one, but they appear different. One has a little nubbin that rotates sticking out the end, the other does not. Both gearbox holes are the same though.
If there are mechanical differences then surely the ECU's idea of life is irrelevant?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts