Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I have a 1.5 dci scenic and I can see what looks likes pulses of air coming from the pump, they happen every couple of seconds, the supply to the pump appears to be ok.
anybody have any idea if this is normal or not, if not, what could be the cause/fault, engine ticks over without any misfire but due to no tax and mot haven't driven it on the road.
I bought this as a project and have just changed the engine, as yet I have not had the injectors coded.
any ideas much appreciated
thank
col

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,872 Posts
If you look at the pump end you will see that the return from the injectors connects there and the air is from the injectors, some seems to be normal, mine as always had some and never been any problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Couple of points here one the proper filter has a bearing + a bimetal strip when the fuel is warm the strip drops the ball and opens up the return direct to tank where the air is dispelled ,some cheap after market ones dont have this valve set up and it causes the air to to the injector feed via the filter, on the proper filter if you rattle it you can hear the ball.

The fuel primer can get a leak & let air in ,mine just did this so bought a new fuel pipe set,some of the connectors on the pie set can leak air .
some people re route the return pipe diect to the tank but the computer reads the fuel temp for the feed .

Injectors not seating right will pump air back into the system .

Well it give you a few things to check over ,hope it helps/UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts