Independent Renault Forums banner

1.5 DCI Clio black & white smoke + failing to start

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  midgeet 
#1 ·
hey guys & gals,

Just bought my first car, a clio 1.5 DCI 2003 plate,
When I start it from cold it starts with a heavy amount of black smoke, and when revving from stooped the heavy black smoke continues, as your driving there is greyish white smoke the whole time you are driving especially when the accelerator is down hard, also when it hits mid range on the temp gauge, the car starts to need a lot of accelerator to pull away or it stalls and wont start again until it's cooled to about 1/3 of the gauge.

New Turbo, New EGR, New Glow plugs, New Oil filter, Oils been drained, treated and changed, new air filter. hope you can help as im hoping to drive it back home 140 miles away on Wednesday :S

#4 ·
the Turbo was fitted before I bought it, got told its new, and can also see it's silver and shiny without any marks on the nuts,

the Actuator, am I right in thinking that its the silver bar that connects to what looks like a lidded bowl on its side? if so it's closed when not running, however haven't looked when running.

what is the shut off valve & how do I find it?:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.