Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hope you dont mind me posting, but I have Nissan Tiida 1.5 DCI, 2008, Renault is stamped on alot of the parts.

It always starts on the button, but for two days, it was just starting that little bit later, then on I went to start it,and it started
but died after getting to 1000rpm, this went on or several attempts.

I removed the fuel feed unit under the back seat, there was some gunk in the bottom of it, which was cleaned out, but now it just turns, but doesnt start.

Is it possible there is is air in the diesel lines?

The primer bulb was ejecting fuel and I think was sucking it up, but I cant be 100% certain its working.

Is there anyway the bleed the air out of the fuel lines? or is there any thing else to check first?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

Hope you dont mind me posting, but I have Nissan Tiida 1.5 DCI, 2008, Renault is stamped on alot of the parts.

It always starts on the button, but for two days, it was just starting that little bit later, then on I went to start it,and it started
but died after getting to 1000rpm, this went on or several attempts.

I removed the fuel feed unit under the back seat, there was some gunk in the bottom of it, which was cleaned out, but now it just turns, but doesnt start.

Is it possible there is is air in the diesel lines?

The primer bulb was ejecting fuel and I think was sucking it up, but I cant be 100% certain its working.

Is there anyway the bleed the air out of the fuel lines?

Thanks in advance.

Or is there anything else to check?

·
Registered
Espace 2.0 dci dynamiq 6 speed manual / 1996 Honda Blackbird CBR 1100 XX
54 Posts
squeeze the primer bulb until it goes hard, then, and only then is the pump primed. Also crack open the bleed screw on the fuel filter if you have one and prime again to get rid of any air in the filter.
It is of course possible the filter is blocked so maybe fit a new one first.
Hopefully that should do the trick, if not, come back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
squeeze the primer bulb until it goes hard, then, and only then is the pump primed. Also crack open the bleed screw on the fuel filter if you have one and prime again to get rid of any air in the filter.
It is of course possible the filter is blocked so maybe fit a new one first.
Hopefully that should do the trick, if not, come back.
Thank you for the reply.

I can confirm the primer bulb is not going hard, which I did wonder about, you able to keep squeezing it, with no apparent pressure building up. There was a small bleed cap on a fuel line on the left side of the engine, which you pull up, that had air in it, but seemed to clear, but again no difference to the starting.

I will order a new filter asap, and get that fitted.

Would it be worth spraying Bradex Easy Start into the air intake?, but if there is no diesel, I would assume it wont help.

·
Registered
Espace 2.0 dci dynamiq 6 speed manual / 1996 Honda Blackbird CBR 1100 XX
54 Posts
I wouldn't use easy start unless I was sure the pump is fully primed, Diesel lubricates the pump and running the engine just on easy start is not good for the pump.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,500 Posts
If the bulb doesn't get hard when pumped, the chances are it is FUBAR and needs replacing.
There are two non return valves in the beast, idea is it sucks fuel in, the fuel cannot go back and is pushed forward on the next pump. If those valves are no closing, all it does is give you some exercise.
Peeing in the wind if the lines are not full off fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the bulb doesn't get hard when pumped, the chances are it is FUBAR and needs replacing.
There are two non return valves in the beast, idea is it sucks fuel in, the fuel cannot go back and is pushed forward on the next pump. If those valves are no closing, all it does is give you some exercise.
Peeing in the wind if the lines are not full off fuel.
Thanks for the repiles.

Fuel filter is on order, and I am sure it needs changing.

I noticed on my VIN plate, it says K9K, if that helps.

Can I ask does my engine have a fuel pump, or is it just primmed by the bulb?, when it wouldnt start, I thought I was missing the little hum when you first start a car, but when I took the sender unit out under the back seat, to clean out the gunk the only electrics seem to be for the fuel gauge.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,500 Posts
If a primer bulb there is no lift pump.... not as standard anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If a primer bulb there is no lift pump.... not as standard anyway.
Thanks for the reply.

Update; Bought the fuel filter today, it cost me €35. Its a Mahle, part number KL430. Nissan 16400BN700

Seems to also fit Renault 8200026237 and Suzuki 1541084A00.

Will update in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fuel filter is changed, but its a no go. Managed to get engine to turn over but its just dying out, had several attempts,but got to 1000 rpm or 500 rpm and lost power from there. Lots of smoke as well.

Had a code of P0488, on my OBD scanner which seems to refer to EGR valve. No engine light is on though, or was on previously.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wondering ,before it broke down,I changed the oil. to 10w 40,would this have made a difference?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,942 Posts
Just wondering ,before it broke down,I changed the oil. to 10w 40,would this have made a difference?
Have you tried Easy Start?
The smoke is possibly air mixed with the diesel
Get some E.S. Spray into the Intake, get someone to crank the engine while you spray and at the same time you are spraying pump the primer bulb
KEEP pumping and spraying until the engine is running without spraying E.S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts