Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kango 2019 1.5 dci engine and delarship told me i need 0w20 rn17 acea c5 that true? Its sounds strange because i know Renault uses 5w30 acea c3 rn720

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,282 Posts
What does the handbook say?

I would not be surprised BTW, earlier 1.5s did use heavier oil but the engine is continually being developed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The book says 5w30 but where but my delarship where i do service to the car says they put 0w20 not 5w30

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
Seen this before. Handbook gives a wide range of suitable oils but the dealer network specifies only one grade 0W30 from one manufacturer and that manufacturer does not supply that 'special' oil for public sale.
If you are in warranty do as the dealer says. Ask them why they use 0/20 when the handbook offers more possibilities. Maybe Renault has put out a service bulletin to that effect for certain countries?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,282 Posts
Plus 1
And ask them to confirm that a "non standard" oil will not affect warrantee.

TBH, doubt the thinner oil will harm, as long as the oil pump can grab it and pump it at a suitable pressure.
You may want them to confirm that as well.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,844 Posts
Is this dealership a Renault dealership? The service must use genuine Renault parts and follow the service schedule to comply with warranty afaik...
Obviously oil can differ in manufacturer as long as it’s the correct grade and approved by Renault, again afaik...

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can get the exact oil for your vehicle here Engine Oil just selecting your car make, model and year.

Let us know if you need anything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts