Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
Your picture that you have posted, sorry not able to edit any pictures from the site now..

·
39,780 Posts
You are after power at one side with ignition on..
Black probe on battery negative terminal, and red probe on the fuse, check and report back ..
( Others read these threads, and might not be sure of correct procedure of testing power to the fuse )

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi, ive just checked and can comfirm there is power to the fuse 12.3 volts the same as the Battery and also the fuse has continuety. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
EEK! replied to Niloc re pics not loading, how did the reply end up here????

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
lmao, the reply was to a post further back, with no following posts, not sure why it jumped this far.

Yup, totally losing it.....need sleep I think :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ive Witness my Business my living shut down this week so if anyone has any ideas as to why a 1.5 Dci Kangoo wont start please comment in the engine section.Thanks.

·
39,780 Posts
have you at any time disconnected the battery?
If not disconnect the battery, ..
Leave it a few minutes, and reconnect..
Still no joy
Then with battery off
Would be lifting the fuse box up at this point
And check the power leads from the battery to each and every RED lead, going to the under bonnet fusebox, before tracing all the wires back to the ecu (NOT Red and black) just RED using the OHMS setting on your multimeter, any resistance above 1 ohm double check that wire
Twist, wiggle the wires..

As chances are, because its running on easy start, its a broken wire.
But lots of wires under the bonnet,
Dont get ripping wires apart from ECU down to sensors, just check the red wires..
If no joy will put some data on for you and what wires to check ..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thanks i had disconnected the Battery on day one of this to fully charge it. I will Check the reds tommow, Many thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So today i removed the Battery and put it on charge. I thought the logical place to start checking Red wires was from the white 25 amp fuse. I had power to it so followed the Red out and it goes to a relay brown ish red looking ( im colour blind Lol ).When i look to where this goes i see a white wire that is clearly damaged. Ive cut and Joined by twisting the two together as the van is nowhere near a power source to solder them atm.The Red wire that comes out of this relay goes down int the main loom possibly to the ECU. I couldnt get the top of the ecu security cover so ill have a look on you tube for a how too. The question i have is what is the relay ive decribed and whats the purpose of the damaged white wire, Hopefully i can put a photo up. Many Thanks, Colin.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So today i removed the Battery and put it on charge. I thought the logical place to start checking Red wires was from the white 25 amp fuse. I had power to it so followed the Red out and it goes to a relay brown ish red looking ( im colour blind Lol ).When i look to where this goes i see a white wire that is clearly damaged. Ive cut and Joined by twisting the two together as the van is nowhere near a power source to solder them atm.The Red wire that comes out of this relay goes down int the main loom possibly to the ECU. I couldnt get the top of the ecu security cover so ill have a look on you tube for a how too. the question i have is what is the relay ive decribed and whats the purpose of the damaged white wire

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Sorry ive no idea how ive managed to post agin, I ve seached for a guide to remove the ecu cover and im none the wiser the Haynes manual simply says " unclip the cover", can anyone shed some more light on removal as ive had a real go and no luck. Thanks.

·
39,780 Posts
Post a clear picture of your ecu, as not sure what you mean here..
Should be 3 plugs on it ,, these are held on by levers, BUT why are you going up there,

You have found issues below the fuse box, would be going back to that area..

PS you also have to remember, you are looking at the wires, and have a bigger ( Overall ) picture we only see parts of what shows in the picture, better to put LOTS of pictures on, than just the one .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The ecu does have 3 plugs ish / maybe on it But it has a Rounded Steel casing over the plugs. My thinking was as i have no idea where the Red wire out of the relay goes was to Beep check the wires going to the ecu to locate it then check its resistance lol. I cut and stripped back then twisted the damaged wire then tried to start but not different. Im only putting actually relevant pictures of what i find. Many Thanks.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts