Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 1.5 mk2 diseal megan 56 plate which will not start on the button i can get it running if i use Easy Start
then all is well ubtill i neeed to restart
i beleve the heater plugs are ok but dont get the dash simble light and it is summer
i check that fule is getting to the injector on startup look good
car runs lovely when it starts im at a bit of a loss on this any help will be grate
neilmac1:confused:

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi Neil you say the glow plugs are ok, how do you know? do you have you ever had check injection warning light come up?when did you last change your fuel filter? all a bit painfull but have to start somewhere even in your case when there's not start lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks 4 the reply
glowplugs
can fill them getting hot by placeing my finger on the head b4 engine has started up with plusgas
filters are new
sorry but my spelling crap
i do get injection fault error message them it will go off them back on sort time later????
neil

·
8,239 Posts
hi they can get hot but you don't know what the tips are doing.the fault check is telling you there's a problem with them that's why I asked it's a cheap fix and ezeestart is not cheap.change them man the ecu needs them to feed back information lol

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
If the glow-plugs are faulty then the injectors should still be injecting fuel. Are there any signs of white greyish smoke coming from the exhaust when the engine is turning over - if not then it's likely to be a fuel injection fault.

If you have excess to a multimeter you could also try measuring the resistance (ohms) of each glow-plug - the measurements usually give a good clue as to their condition.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Have you tried priming the rubber bulb fuel primer before a cold start - that may rule out the possibility you have an air leak in the low pressure side of the fuel system.

Also have you checked the fuel filter for crud especially the dreaded metal particles?

·
Renault Senior Tech
259 Posts
Dreaded Delphi injectors. Found in Renault ford Peugeot jag ect. Little rail pressure due to a leaking injector. A simple job that should take a good independent garage 5 mins to see on live data.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi peps

and going to have a new look at the glowplugs soon i will have them out over the weekend
they are the main suspect in this case ther is a odd one installed so i will change them thanks for all the help
ps its not over yet????????:mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had a good look sunday found the the glowplug driver unit is sending 10 - 11volts
to the plugs when the car is swich off have order a new one (used) look like that s had it
now i know the battray is good and why its going flat
when i removed the unit all the lights look better
now i am sweting the ecu my have a knock on fault (taken damage)
see what happens when the replacement part comes
anyone know of the software to get into the immo i have a elm327 unit
but dont think it will do that. reeding off faults is not the same as testing them
i could swich things of and on
the astra i had with the computer connected wuld like to do the same with this one

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi every one
fault code are saying fuel pressure regulator.
so i will pull it out and have look for a pump problem . i will put a new filter in first
the motor run verry well when its started make me think the main pump ok but you never know

also i found the sorse of the air in the fuel line
fixed that. it was a badly fitted oneway valve

so in getting to the crunch slowly
by 4 now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it looks like the injectors are not working on the start button i connected one and no fuel when cranking and idears out there

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,390 Posts
hi every one
fault code are saying fuel pressure regulator.
so i will pull it out and have look for a pump problem . i will put a new filter in first
the motor run verry well when its started make me think the main pump ok but you never know

also i found the sorse of the air in the fuel line
fixed that. it was a badly fitted oneway valve

so in getting to the crunch slowly
by 4 now
where is the fuel pressure regulator. on the 1.5dci
Ron

·
8,239 Posts
hi Ron on 1.5 its under the fuel rail and is part of it no supposed to be able to remove from the rail cheers

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Don't touch the fuel pressure regulator. Your fuel pressure fault code is caused by the injector problem. Solve that and all will be well. Been there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi
still not starting
i put a injector on then turned the motor over
and had no fuel from the injector
clened all sensores which where clean but don it any way
any idears out there
neilmac

·