Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for a few pointers, changed the engine in my megane as the one I had siezed...:eek:
So, all back together today, electrics all working, the engine turns by hand, but low and behold it won't blining start... checked the usual, like made sure the battery is connected proper, the starter is secure and works (tested it previously as it could have been an original fault), etc...any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi mate i take it you used the old injectors? and made sure there was fuel was toped up in the filter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
Yes used the original injectors and checked for fuel, there is absolutley nothing at all, even the starter isn't clicking, the fuses are clicking and behind the dash.....

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
yip thats what id look for make sure the battery has a good charge and you have all the leads on ok and the earths are ok and make sure you didnt blow the uch fuse

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey,
well, the battery was fine before we changed the engine, going to go over all the wiring again in daylight tomorrow and hope to find the problem!
I didn't actually say, I changed the engine (siezed up) for a clio 1.5dci 80 was told it is exactly the same as the megane 1.5 dci 80....I certainly hope this is the case now!
I have used all the parts off the old engine that are connected to the ecu.. I am a little concerned that although there is fuel in the injectors the pump does not seem to be pumping fuel through, perhaps one of the tubes is kinked, will try and see if that the case in the morning. The little hand pump (for the want of the correct word - brain dead now) on the l/h side of the engine does not appear to be pumping fuel through, maybe its airlocked, but that wouldn;t stop the engine from trying to start..........hope its a bad earth and I find it in the morning!
What is the saying "it never rains but it pours" our other car A140 decided to go kerput the other day, cylinder2 has no compression whatsoever! so hope to get this one back on the road very soon.................................

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
You may not have tightened one of the earth wires enough

I would make sure you prime up the fuel before trying to start as once you get the engine turning it will be hard work for the starter to pull fuel up might end up killing it !!

Your primer should be sucking fuel up if its not you need to find out why as car will not start without fuel :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks
couldn't for the life of me remember the word for the bulb primer...lol head totally wacked for the day....
Thanks for the pointers guys, will update tomorrow, hopefully with good news :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You may not have tightened one of the earth wires enough

I would make sure you prime up the fuel before trying to start as once you get the engine turning it will be hard work for the starter to pull fuel up might end up killing it !!

Your primer should be sucking fuel up if its not you need to find out why as car will not start without fuel :)
Thanks for all the info, managed to get the car stated today...whooopeeeeeeeee :d
Then, failure :(
basically wiggled a few wires around, found a loose connection, recharged the battery and checked the relays and the electrics are spot on again, no more constnat fan, no more steering messages on dash, etc...
So, what is the problem?
Well, we can start her up, then it is very noisy on the top end and lots of blue smoke :confused: perhaps the blue smoke is in relation to the engine having been lay down prior to fitting?
Its the noise that is worrying, there is also no power, anybody think the timing is slightly out? if so, for the sake of being started 3 times and run for a few seconds am I likely to have caused any more damage?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts