Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm new on the forum, and with Renaults , but I hope some of you clever guys can help me with my problem.

I got a 2004 Scenic II 1.9 DCi. Check emissions on the dash. Thought it was the EGR, so I removed it and cleaned it together with the water cooler.

Cleared all error codes and went for a run. Runs fine and always has. No errors came up - I was a happy camper thinking I solved the problem. Today I went for a small run - error came back up.

Plugged the computer in, and got DF209 error code reading EGR valve position sensor - permanent, short circuit to ground or open circuit. I also got another DF209 error EGR valve position sensor - permanent, micro breaks

Also got a DF025 but I'm guessing the "check emissions" is related to the EGR position sensor error.

You guys have an idea about this error? Just want the check emissions light gone, as I need to get my car MOT'd (I'm from Denmark, but the same thing) and I don't think they like that error in the dashboard.

Cheers and thanks in advance! :)

/Daniel

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Short circuit to ground means component isn't being powered up. Open circuit means same thing component not getting voltage. Dis conncct egr plug at key on check terminal 1 for a 12v feed & at terminal 2 for the 5v feed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts