Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy another Laguna soon to replace my old one which was written off in an accident. I had a 1.9dci 6 speed.

Just curious as to what the concensus is here, is the 2.2 worth it? Is the extra 30bhp noticable? IS there much difference in mpg?

Cheers

Huw

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Personally I would go with the 2.2.

I know there are fewer about,but they seem much less troublesome then the 1.9.......

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Must agree with Lagdti 2.2, you can never beat cc's .... POWER .... Clarkson mode OFF!

:d

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
2.2 will cost more to insure, more to tax and you will get less mpg.
It does go quite well though, although the 1.9 is no slouch.

Depends what you want from the car - if you are towing a "shed" (caravan) go for the 2.2, if you like to floor it go for the 2.2.

If it's overall ,normal driving,motorway cruising etc- go for the 1.9, you'll save on car tax,insurance and get at least 5mpg more.

I have driven both - I wanted economy over performance so went for the 1.9, I drove them both the same day - 2.2 is quicker but not "that much" quicker than the 1.9.

Early 1.9dcis did have a few reliability issues with the turbo. SInce 2003 renault have specified fully synthetic oil and have fitted straps to the intercoolers. With user going for 9k between oil changes the 1.9s are a lot more reliable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Huwwatkins
All I can say is Get the 1.9 and with the Money you save on Car Tax and Fuel Economy, spend it on a Diesel-Tuner Box.

I went through the same Dilemma when I was looking for a new Car for the Ball & Chain and yes after all that we bought another 1.9 and Yes that's Chipped as well.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Thats a good point.:)

A 1.9 with a tuning box will return better economy and equal(I think:eek:) power.Thats confused things!:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts