Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if any members on here knew of a good mechanic or even member who could change my cambelt on my laguna. I have all the parts cambelt kit, aux belt and water pump ready - is it a job for diy?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heads up, it could be worth doing the water pump at the same time.
It won't cost you much more for the part and any labour shouldn't be much more.
This is assuming the Lag dci is the same as the Megane dci, which I think it is.
Apparently there are prone to go after a belt change????????
Might save you a few quid in the long run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, as my thread started, ive purchased the water pump cam belt kit, and aux belt together. for the sake of a few bob, its not worth the risk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Need an impact gun to undo the bottom pulley bolt, but other than that, it is the easiest cambelt to change in the renault range, belt and sprockets have marks, no special tools needed.​

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The belts on these don't need a locking kit,I've never used a belt tension tool either but there are those that will disagree.:d

The belt is very straight foward,the covers are made of a fibre type material and are easy to remove as they can be bent/twisted/folded without damaging them,timing up the crank and cam is self explainatry too.

The one thing I would advise is that auxillary is replaced at the same time too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, but you got me rereading it lol. i learned the water pump lesson the hard way with a vauxhall !! it went 2 months after cambelt change taking belt with it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts