Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Have been checking the breathers on my car and found a blocked oil return breather, full renault service history but does have 126000 on it. So thought I'd pass it on.

Its the oil return from the oil trap that is part of the dipstick assembly, at the bottom of the plastic part there is a smallish pipe that runs back down towards the sump, took mine off and it was blocked solid, also some blockage in the pipe. managed to get it clear but some debris has gone into the sump, might be worth checking prior to next oil change.

regards

Murchin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all,

Have been checking the breathers on my car and found a blocked oil return breather, full renault service history but does have 126000 on it. So thought I'd pass it on.

Its the oil return from the oil trap that is part of the dipstick assembly, at the bottom of the plastic part there is a smallish pipe that runs back down towards the sump, took mine off and it was blocked solid, also some blockage in the pipe. managed to get it clear but some debris has gone into the sump, might be worth checking prior to next oil change.

regards

Murchin.
Going to clean mine out before fitting a new turbo & changing oil, Any tips on this to stop debris going in sump (dont like the sound of this!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used a suitable sized drill (held in hand) in the vain hope that the debris would get pushed up the flutes of the drill, which most of it did, but i'm sure some has gone into the sump, its a long pipe and seems to go a long way down, didn't look at it so see it I could withdraw the whole thing, it looked like it was a press fit into the block.

best of luck with the turbo.

Murchin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts