Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 laguna with the f9q674 1.9dci engine that has suddenly started to vibrate slightly at idle and when you increase the revs there is a knocking noise coming from the engine. The car starts and drives fine but I have covered less than a mile since it the noise started. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as apart from this it is a good car.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Hello, worth looking at the top engine mount ? Had a similar issue on my 1.9 dCi 2004 Scenic, changed the top mount and the dog bone one behind it, all sorted !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will have a look at the mounts but am not sure if it's related to them as the frequency of the knocks increases with the revs

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
When the engine is idling,if you press the clutch does the noise disappear or alter? if so it could be the dual mass flywheel that is at fault.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Another thing to look at is the crankshaft pulley, may sound odd but it's in two parts and the inner part can become partially detatched causing it to vibrate and make a knocking noise, very easy to check though, just remove the aux belt and start the car, if your symptoms have gone, you've found the culprit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the clutch pressed there is no change in the noise. I will have a look at the crankshaft pulls thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had the AA out to the car this morning and when it was first started there was no noise after the car had warmed up it then started to make the knocking noise again. I have been told by the AA that the fault is with the big end berings. Does anyone agree with this

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,966 Posts
IF, and i AM only saying if, It is the big ends, then the chances are , cost of repair, will out way cost of a second hand engine..
At 2000 rpm, ( dont worry about revving it, if big end, damage done)
see if the noise starts to clear..
Does it seem to be running ok, or ticking over lower than usual..
Have come across a lot of diesels, that big ends have been condemned, and it was actually, an injector, that was letting very little fuel through..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you It idles as normal apart from a little bit extra vibration the noise starts about 2000 rpm and increase with the engine speed.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,966 Posts
Can you feel the vibration on your accelerator pedal, at 2000 rpm

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,869 Posts
Sounds like a injector, if it's a big end they often sound worse as you lift
off the accelerator. a leak back test may help find a bad injector.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Doesn't sound shafty to me. Is there an Indy that knows diesels close to you? The Indy will probably be dressed in a well worn ex RAF boiler suit, have mad hair and perhaps be smoking an extremely thin roll up. He'll probably know his stuff too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will have a look for someone of that description but can't think of any off the top of my head anyone know of one in the south nottingham area

1 - 20 of 21 Posts