Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laguna II 2002 plate.
I want to install an amp for my stereo and I need to get a direct feed to the battery. Could someone tell me the best point to get this feed from cause Im finding it hard to locate one.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It'll have to come straight from the battery if it's for an amp. Any half decent audio store or Halfrauds will supply you with the cable kit to do this.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Absolutely agree.:)

If you take a feed from anywhere else on the wiring loom you risk overloading that feed and blowing fuses/melting wiring.

Take the feed direct from the battery using the correct cable(including an inline fuse as close to the battery as possible) and feed it through the car to the amp.The only slight hassle is getting it through the bulkhead,but I'm sure someone who has put an amp in a Lag 2 previously can help you find the best area to do this.:)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I had a go at doing this, the only place that I could remotley get anything through was up under the dash in the passenger footwell, had to take big gromet out and start cutting - must be a better way though!

If you manage it - please let me know how!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Did you ever find a good place, I have tried to locate a good place 3 times and failed each time, so far no amp installed, I jusrt cant seem to locate an easy way through to the engine bay.

Im not mechanically minded so the last thing I want to do is drill holes and such or remove too mnay bits to gain access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts