Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a megane cc 2007 and it came with 17"wheels but failed on mot with four buckled wheels. I can buy a set of four renault scenic 16" from a 2004 scenic, can i ask if the will fit?
Thanks
jamie

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there Jamie.

I would reckon that they should fit, but not so sure I'd go down that route.

You will need to replace the tyres, as they probably won't be the correct rolling radius or load/speed rating for your car, so that also means losing out on the tyres already fitted to your car.

There are also insurance implications to changing wheel & tyre sizes - as you are modifying the car.

I had a quick look on ebay, and found quite a few possibilities, so would suggest you exhaust the avenues to keep the car as standard (and use your existing tyres), rather than what will ultimately prove a costly exercise.

HTH

Paul

Reactions: jimjambananaman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had a 16" spare steel rim on the front from a 53plate megane and that was ok and we brought a cheap set of alloys but we would prefer to keep renault wheels, but they are very expensive, we paid two hundered and twenty five pounds for just one wheel from renaults.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Not a problem Jamie, let us know how you fare.

Best wishes,

Paul

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Hi, have you got any pics?:d
Hi - I'll clean them up and post a proper set of pics this weekend :) I'm probably gonna put them on eBay eventually but if you're interested when you've seen the photos then just make an offer :D

(I live in Lytham St. Anne's which is near Blackpool, but willing to travel a bit, courier is really expensive for alloys)

Cheers,
Andy

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
try
https://www.paisleyfreight.com they Delivered my alloys alot of the guys on diff forums that im on use them think there about £30-£40 depending where you are and where they pick them up from:d

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
try
https://www.paisleyfreight.com they Delivered my alloys alot of the guys on diff forums that im on use them think there about £30-£40 depending where you are and where they pick them up from:d
Hi there, the pics are available to see in the thread below:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106930

You're very welcome to come and see them, I was ideally looking for around £300 but open to any offers as I want a quick sale if poss. I work 4 days a week in Chorley, Lancashire so you could pick them up from there if it's more convenient.
Wouldn't bother with any alloy wheel couriers unless you wanted, as all the reviews sound really awful :(

Please note that the wheels don't come with wheel nuts or the nut cover key as I've used them on my new ones, but I guess you already have some?

Cheers & regards,
Andy :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts