Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am after a bit of info, I helped the Chap across the road from where I live to do a bit of a service on his daughter's 'W' reg 1.6 16V Megane Coupe, it had a silver cover over the engine the said 'Renault 1.6 16v' on it and you could see the inlet tracks in the holes cut into it, what I am after knowing is did Renault ever put these onto the 2.0 16V engines? Thanks, Anthony:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think only certain models and engines had them.

All of the smaller 16 valve engines I've worked on have had them(1.2,1.4,1.6),but my 1.8 16 valve hasn't.

Not much help I know,but I'll move your post to the relevant section of the forum for a wider audience in the hope that someone knows the proper answer.:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think only certain models and engines had them.

All of the smaller 16 valve engines I've worked on have had them(1.2,1.4,1.6),but my 1.8 16 valve hasn't.

Not much help I know,but I'll move your post to the relevant section of the forum for a wider audience in the hope that someone knows the proper answer.:)
Thank you. I've done a service on a friends Megane Hatch back, his was a 1.6 16v and his didn't have a cover and I'm sure that was 'W' reg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts