Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 17 plate Kadjar makes 2 small beeps when locking, but then once the mirrors have folded in and the car is locked, it makes two long, loud and high pitched beeps. I don't think it's always done this, can anyone help if I can turn this function off so I only get the 2 smaller quieter beeps?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you manage to get this sorted? I bought the same car and have had the same problem since purchasing.

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,093 Posts
Does anyone on this thread have a vehicle handbook to check on? Many vehicles have different alerts/warnings.
Check all your doors/windows and sunroofs if fitted are closed and ensure any switchable interior lights are off, and ensure your parking brake is on properly whether manual or electrical (electrical will show on dashboard once engine is off).
Just as a guess given this car is quite modern an new by today’s standards, could the vehicle be warning you of the outside temperature and be advising you to cover your windscreen, my dad’s Mitsubishi does this.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,093 Posts
Thinking clearly now I’ve had enough coffee, as your car is a 2017 model, it should be under a Renault 4 year warranty. Get it reported and booked into a Renault dealership and fixed ASAP. On the Kadjar owners forum a member called barracuda1 says he had the same symptoms and Renault cured it by replacing a faulty sensor, didn’t say which though. My guess would be a door switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Davegayle, that's my plan. I'm going to the dealer I bought it from on Monday, but I thought maybe it's a simple settings change.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
My Clio beeps when it locks, always has done, I guess to tell you it has locked (self-locking as you walk away), double locking beeps too, but I don't have folding mirrors to complicate things...... I'd check with dealer and/or owners manual - maybe it's meant to do that?!

Scrub that, mine is just a loud click not a beep!! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts